Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Savin 9920dp photo conductor unit stuck

9920dp has a reset photo conductor unit on the display. The unit is being held in place by some locking mechanism.
    Powered off. Unplugged, still stuck. Please tell this rookie
    how to unlock and reset the unit.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Re: Savin 9920dp photo conductor unit stuck

A little advice for the rookie: use your service manual. If you don't have a service manual, use Google to get one. I don't say this to be rude or berate you but that as a tech your best skills are observation and your ability to think outside the box. The manual says to lower the itb lever, pinch the tab on the top of the pcu, pull it out till it catches at the back, and then tilt a little to the left and right to completely remove it.

Quote Originally Posted by rosspt View Post
    A little advice for the rookie: use your service manual. If you don't have a service manual, use Google to get one. I don't say this to be rude or berate you but that as a tech your best skills are observation and your ability to think outside the box. The manual says to lower the itb lever, pinch the tab on the top of the pcu, pull it out till it catches at the back, and then tilt a little to the left and right to completely remove it.

Thanks for your reply.
    I do have the manual and filled it completely.
    There is a locking mechanism run off a small moter that is holding it in place. I cannot get it to retract.
    Nothing in the manual about it.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

The detailed descriptions section shows how the drum sits and works inside the Machine. There is no locking mechanism holding it. The Savin 9920 should be the same as a ricoh mp 200. If it is not then I apologize. I have attached my manual and a pdf detailing the drum rebuild. Hope it helps.

Just had a thought, all motors can usually be turned on or off from service mode Output section in the 5xxx list. Might be worth a look.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Savin 9920dp photo conductor unit stuck

If my memory serves me correctly (I haven't worked on one of these dinosaurs in years) there is a motor driven lever assembly that presses the charge roller against the drum during copying, it is spring loaded to lift when not in use. If power is turned off when this is in the down position, you have trouble removing the PCU. See the drum charge portion of the manual that rosspt attached. I have had the problem a few times. The big question is why are you or your customer using such an ancient POS?

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    If my memory serves me correctly (I haven't worked on one of these dinosaurs in years) there is a motor driven lever assembly that presses the charge roller against the drum during copying, it is spring loaded to lift when not in use. If power is turned off when this is in the down position, you have trouble removing the PCU. See the drum charge portion of the manual that rosspt attached. I have had the problem a few times. The big question is why are you or your customer using such an ancient POS?
    Thanks. I will look, as far as why my customer has a pos
    They got it for free off craigslist.
    But I'm getting paid.
    I will try for an upgrade but she squeaks when she walks.
    Appreciate all the help.
    You guys 🎸.

AutoMajical Resolutionist 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DPR View Post
    Thanks. I will look, as far as why my customer has a pos
    They got it for free off craigslist.
    But I'm getting paid.
    I will try for an upgrade but she squeaks when she walks.
    Appreciate all the help.
    You guys 🎸.

Hope you do get paid!!!!!!!! try the output checks in sp mode for that motor, if it's in there you may be able to cycle it to remove the pcu........
    Haven't checked EBAY or Amazon but I don't think those PCU's are very plentiful anymore. I'd give her something like a 2027 and charge her .015 for the machine and service, let her buy pcu's and toner.................. or give it to her and she buys everything from YOU and pay's for T/M on service.................
    Mystic Crystal Revelations

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tonerbomb View Post
    I'd give her something like a 2027 and charge her .015 for the machine and service, let her buy pcu's and toner.................. or give it to her and she buys everything from YOU and pay's for T/M on service.................
    I agree, you can can buy a 2027 for way less than the price of pcu for that old 200

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tonerbomb View Post
    Hope you do get paid!!!!!!!! try the output checks in sp mode for that motor, if it's in there you may be able to cycle it to remove the pcu........
    Haven't checked EBAY or Amazon but I don't think those PCU's are very plentiful anymore. I'd give her something like a 2027 and charge her .015 for the machine and service, let her buy pcu's and toner.................. or give it to her and she buys everything from YOU and pay's for T/M on service.................
    Actually I believe that it is a spring clutch.

hallo, turn off the mc and on , than make som copys , after the mc stops try agen

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-T310 met Tapatalk