Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

Scan to PDF on Ricoh MPC2500

Hello all, I have a Ricoh MPC2500 and I'm trying to find out if there is a way to set it to scan to PDF when using the internal address book. I would normally use ScanRoute V2 Lite but I'd prefer to use the internal address book with SMB scanning. Right now it scans only to TIF.

In User Tools/Scanner Features I see an option for PDF compression level, but no other mention anywhere of PDF.

I'm not sure what information might necessary, so here are a few various firmware levels:

SD Scanner: AT_1.22
    Network Support: 5.14
    System/Copy: 1.66
    Network DocBox: 2.03.08
    Engine: V1.12:01

I'm not a copier tech, I'm in IT. This machine is owned by the company and not under any kind of maintenance contract. I found some posts on how to go into SP mode and I merely looked around (made no changes), but nothing stood out in regards to scanning to PDF.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts copyman20's Avatar
    Go into the Scanner mode & change "file type" to PDF then press the "Program button", next press the "set as default button" (I think thats what the button is call). answer the " are you sure ?" questions, that set the pdf as default.

Good Luck

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by copyman20 View Post
    Go into the Scanner mode & change "file type" to PDF then press the "Program button", next press the "set as default button" (I think thats what the button is call). answer the " are you sure ?" questions, that set the pdf as default.

Good Luck
    I could not find a "file type" setting anywhere in scanner mode. I've see it on other Ricoh/Savin models, but it's not showing on this MPC2500. Is this particular model supposed to have an option to select between TIFF/PDF? If so, is it something that may be disabled in a service menu or could the device need new firmware updates?

Service Manager 250+ Posts FRIDGEMAGNET's Avatar
    Try this and then follow the instructions from Copyman. The program button is on the top row to the right of the screen.
    Attached Files Attached Files

endrit

Scan to PDF on Ricoh MPC2500

Since you have used scanrouter before on this machine, in order to see file type setting, you need to change the 'Destination List Priority' from 'Delivery Server' to 'E-mail/Folder'. To do this you need to go to 'User Tools' -> 'Scanner Features' -> Under 'General Settings' tab select 'Destination List Display Priority 1' -> Select 'E-mail/Folder' -> OK -> Exit ->Exit. Once you do that, go back to 'Scanner' and you will see button for 'File Name / Type ...' on the left side of the screen underneath 'Original Feed Type'. Go in there and change the setting to PDF.

Good luck.

Technician
    Thank you fridgemagnet for the PDF. Immediately after looking at it I had a huge "DOH!" moment. The place it gets set was right in front of my face, and it was literally the ONLY place I didn't check.

And thank you copyman20 for the details on how to set the changes as default action.

IT Technician 100+ Posts fausto1981's Avatar
    Yeah I remember when I had the same issue in the past. It used to be in scanner features, never thought that now its new we just have to create a program or default it from there.