Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Bantams's Avatar

Re: Ricoh MP C5503 SC544-02 code

I've not had to use a Reset fuse since they first came out 5-810 works fine for me but I do make sure the Firmware is updated on the machines I work on.

SanDiegoCopierRepair.com 1,000+ Posts
    Ricoh MP C5503 SC544-02 code

Quote Originally Posted by Bantams View Post
    I've not had to use a Reset fuse since they first came out 5-810 works fine for me but I do make sure the Firmware is updated on the machines I work on.
    Thanks......appreciate the input. If firmware eliminates the need for that fuse to do a reset..............that would be great as sometimes customers don't need parts as it may have been a problem with the input power supplied or multiple machines on one circuit starving the machine for power and throwing a fuser code. Or just a dirty sensor/thermistor. I did update the firmware after the code was addressed.......
    Last edited by blazebusiness; 09-09-2015 at 04:56 PM.
    Anything can be made to work if you fiddle with it long enough- San Diego Copier Repair.com

SanDiegoCopierRepair.com 1,000+ Posts
    Ricoh MP C5503 SC544-02 code

Quote Originally Posted by blazebusiness View Post
    Thanks......appreciate the input. If firmware eliminates the need for that fuse to do a reset..............that would be great as sometimes customers don't need parts as it may have been a problem with the input power supplied or multiple machines on one circuit starving the machine for power and throwing a fuser code. Or just a dirty sensor/thermistor. I did update the firmware after the code was addressed.......

Closing out this thread-----The real skinny on this fix:
    Firmware update will not be sufficient to reset error codes....Even after updating the firmware you must Use the reset fuse for the SC544 or 554 codes. You will absolutely need the fuse to reset those codes. Other fuser error codes may be reset using 5810-01 in service mode but once you have these codes you will need to replace the fixing belt assembly and install the reset fuse and reset it with 5810-02. (Or simply jury rig a reset connector with a push switch as described by other Ricoh techs in numerous posts)Hope that the effort to make this issue understandable helps others out in the future.
    Last edited by blazebusiness; 09-10-2015 at 09:14 PM.
    Anything can be made to work if you fiddle with it long enough- San Diego Copier Repair.com

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Bantams's Avatar

Well that's weird then I've had numerous SC codes related to the fusers usually caused by the users not clearing a jam and the sc resets work fine for me.

ryno

I have the correct fuse to reset the SC 544-02 but I am not sure where to connect it. Can any one explain where to connect the fuse to the machine? Thanks!

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar

If you take the top and bottom covers off the fuser, look at the right hand side of where the lamps plug into. There's a little vertical slot the fuse fits in. It plugs into a two pin connector on the bottom of the black plastic frame.
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

Quote Originally Posted by techsass View Post
    When the c5502 was new I used to run into the Sc544 a lot, but I haven't seen it in years now.

Here's a pub I think I got here on CTN that always worked for me. I still carry an old Tmistor in my bag, even though I don't know when I last used it.
    ~[ATTACH]30406[/ATTACH
    Thanks about this information

Enviado desde mi iPad utilizando Tapatalk