Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

MP2001 squeeking like a banshee

Hi everyone ,

Dont know if anyone else has come across this - Low mileage MP2001 just a year old - squeeling like a banshee on exit - have lubed all bearings - seems to be the upper exit guide frame badly warped - hoped it would be a straight unit swap but according to the parts manual its all component parts - seems its best as Ive got the damn thing out to go in there with belt and braces - but seems according to parts manual that there is a lot of unique roller holders etc - just asking if anybody has a definite part that causes the squeek rather than order 30 different parts

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar

Re: MP2001 squeeking like a banshee

I've had the plastic part that covers over the stripper pawls contact the hot roller and cause a squeak.
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Zaxxon's Avatar

Haven't the slightest clue, but noise (unwanted) can be a pain in the but to locate. Good luck

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

Haha luv the thread title...I haven't worked on a MP 2001, but if they re like the MP2000 your probably get what I call the wine-glass effect where you rub your clean finger around the rim of a wine glass an it starts to sing.Try putting a small amount of silcone grease on the fuser pick off fingers/strippers. This may stop them from singing like a wine glass....HTH
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ‘ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

sometimes, sounds come from the feed roller bushing in the paper tray, have you try to check/lubricate this things, good luck hope you can fix it.
    .....with all it shams, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world.....

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    MP2001 squeeking like a banshee

If the noise started soon after the PCU was change, it could be the cleaning blade. Makes a noise similar to finger nails on a chalk board.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Zeldaman's Avatar

Hi there!
    Had this twice, the problem is the new toner for the KIR-series. It΄s building on the fuser-stripper-pawls - squeeking in a non-believible frequency. As this happens 1. i take the paperexit-section out & cleaned & lubed - NG. Then i looked at the gear-box (really no fun!!!) - NG. After putting in new stripper-pawls - silence. When you really look very close at the old ones, you can see little amount of toner-building-up, a phenomen i΄ve never had on the former KIR΄s.
    Greetings...

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeldaman View Post
    Hi there!
    Had this twice, the problem is the new toner for the KIR-series. It΄s building on the fuser-stripper-pawls - squeeking in a non-believible frequency. As this happens 1. i take the paperexit-section out & cleaned & lubed - NG. Then i looked at the gear-box (really no fun!!!) - NG. After putting in new stripper-pawls - silence. When you really look very close at the old ones, you can see little amount of toner-building-up, a phenomen i΄ve never had on the former KIR΄s.
    Greetings...
    Tha

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Thanks for the advice everyone , think I'm gonna try zeldaman' s advice first as this sounds about right as it def seems to be from exit but having lubed everything no go - will post results , thanks again everyone

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bobbykerr View Post
    Thanks for the advice everyone , think I'm gonna try zeldaman' s advice first as this sounds about right as it def seems to be from exit but having lubed everything no go - will post results , thanks again everyone
    As a quick test. Put a small amount of silcone grease on the contact point of the fuser stripper fingers. If the squeak stops you may need new strippers. I sometimes just file the strippers sharp again until the hot roller is due for replacing.
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ‘ | x | •[§]••• ••••••