Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: scan to flash in mp2501 sp

Machine support only FAT16 and FAT32.
    Support SD card with a maximum capacity of 2GB.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    scan to flash in mp2501 sp

Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post
    No sp mode is necessary. Have a look at my attachment in my post. All is programmed in UP mode.
    I get "Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator" when clicking on your attachment.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts Polo-022's Avatar

...anxious to read the polar attachment!!!

Hair Straightener Tech 500+ Posts rsyarcia's Avatar

This model needs a HDD for scan to USB(flash) to work. Hdd is an option even for SP. All the settings from the SP mode are enabled by default.
    Nobody is perfect..

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts fshead's Avatar

That is not true! Ricoh tries to tell you that and sell the same BS for the MP301. you can scan to flash fine without a HDD.

Attachment 31800

We program a shortcut to the MP2501 and MP301 as well as other "chocolate and cream" colour machines and all work.

I attach the method we use. It can be adapted for all other machines in the new Ricoh line-up that support inserting a USB device on the op panel and have scanning as an option.

Enjoy!
    thnx but your attachment does not comes up

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Polarbear's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rsyarcia View Post
    This model needs a HDD for scan to USB(flash) to work. Hdd is an option even for SP. All the settings from the SP mode are enabled by default.
    Firstly don't believe the BS that you need a HDD to scan to flash - it is simply not true!

Below is a ZIP of the same file. I think it is because of the 2MB size that the site does not like it. Reason for the size is a lot of photos in the document.

Please let me know if it opens now - if not I will try to compress the file some more.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Press the GREEN button!!

Here is a watered down document with the programming and usage of the Scan to USB.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Press the GREEN button!!

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    scan to flash in mp2501 sp

Firstly don't believe the BS that you need a HDD to scan to flash - it is simply not true!

Below is a ZIP of the same file. I think it is because of the 2MB size that the site does not like it. Reason for the size is a lot of photos in the document.

Please let me know if it opens now - if not I will try to compress the file some more.
    Here is a watered down document with the programming and usage of the Scan to USB.
    And if "Scan to USB" or "Store File" do not exist, then you do not have an HDD. Store file requires an HDD to place the file on. On all machines I have ever worked on, scan to memory device has been a sub function of store file. Since the scan speed is faster than the speed of the memory device write, the file is first stored on the HDD then copied to the memory device/

Smile Re: scan to flash in mp2501 sp

Hi. I did what you said and it works but only in the MP 301, when fixing the MP 2501, I test this model, Greetings thanks

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    And if "Scan to USB" or "Store File" do not exist, then you do not have an HDD. Store file requires an HDD to place the file on. On all machines I have ever worked on, scan to memory device has been a sub function of store file. Since the scan speed is faster than the speed of the memory device write, the file is first stored on the HDD then copied to the memory device/
    SlimslobI don't know what the difference is between the MP2501sp that is sold in the USA vs the European version that we get (other than that we have to fit the ARDF ourselves).The attached photos is of a MP2501sp (where the HDD was fitted as part of the setup [it was not standard]) but as you can see with the HDD disconnected the button is still on the screen, which means that the shortcut can be programmed as per my instructions.We do not make any sp mode settings beforehand, the button is just simply there.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Press the GREEN button!!