Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Question scan to flash in mp2501 sp

hi sir

i want to know how i can mace scan to flash memory in mp2501 sp

best regards

Re: scan to flash in mp2501 sp

In one side of the operation panel, is located a slot where you can place the USB device....then select scan to usb in operation panel...

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

sir

there is no scan to usp in operatinal panal

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    scan to flash in mp2501 sp

Quote Originally Posted by en. View Post
    sir

there is no scan to usp in operatinal panal
    It is not labeled as "Scan to USB". In the scanner application, select "Save File" at the top of the touch screen. From that screen select "Memory Device". If you have the USB drive plugged in to the side of the control panel, select it and press start.

Technician

by default the machine come without HDD and it is required for scanning to USB therefore make sure the machine has HDD installed

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    scan to flash in mp2501 sp

Quote Originally Posted by wilbert.c View Post
    by default the machine come without HDD and it is required for scanning to USB therefore make sure the machine has HDD installed
    I believe if it is the SP model it should already come with HDD

Senior Tech 250+ Posts Polo-022's Avatar

HDD is an option...hi.gif

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Polarbear's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wilbert.c View Post
    That is not true! Ricoh tries to tell you that and sell the same BS for the MP301. you can scan to flash fine without a HDD.

Attachment 31800

We program a shortcut to the MP2501 and MP301 as well as other "chocolate and cream" colour machines and all work.

I attach the method we use. It can be adapted for all other machines in the new Ricoh line-up that support inserting a USB device on the op panel and have scanning as an option.

Enjoy!
    Press the GREEN button!!

Helpdesk Engineer 50+ Posts hdmr's Avatar

Lightbulb Re: scan to flash in mp2501 sp

Quote Originally Posted by copyaction View Post
    I believe if it is the SP model it should already come with HDD
    I think the below needs to happen - its an SP mode you would enable then a setting in user tools:

You have to enable a feature in the Scanner SP mode, to do this follow these steps;
    Note: When running though the following sequence do not worry about what is or isn’t happening on the display, just follow the sequence through.

• Press the Yellow Clear all Key, type 1 0 7 and hold down the Red Cancel Key until there is a change in display.
    • Select the Scanner SP option.
    • At the top right hand corner of the screen SP Direct should be highlighted.
    • Type in 1013 001 and press the hash key # (this will take you to the appropriate section in the menu)
    • Check that the option selected is named – Multimedia Function Setting’ on the left of the screen.
    • Input the number 1 into the box on the right hand side of the screen and press the hash key to confirm.
    • You will now have a window asking you to ‘reboot the machine’, using the main on/off switch on the left of the machine switch the device off for 5-10 seconds.
    • Switch back on and the feature is now ready to use.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Polarbear's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hdmr View Post
    I think the below needs to happen - its an SP mode you would enable then a setting in user tools:

You have to enable a feature in the Scanner SP mode, to do this follow these steps;
    Note: When running though the following sequence do not worry about what is or isn’t happening on the display, just follow the sequence through.

• Press the Yellow Clear all Key, type 1 0 7 and hold down the Red Cancel Key until there is a change in display.
    • Select the Scanner SP option.
    • At the top right hand corner of the screen SP Direct should be highlighted.
    • Type in 1013 001 and press the hash key # (this will take you to the appropriate section in the menu)
    • Check that the option selected is named – Multimedia Function Setting’ on the left of the screen.
    • Input the number 1 into the box on the right hand side of the screen and press the hash key to confirm.
    • You will now have a window asking you to ‘reboot the machine’, using the main on/off switch on the left of the machine switch the device off for 5-10 seconds.
    • Switch back on and the feature is now ready to use.
    No sp mode is necessary. Have a look at my attachment in my post. All is programmed in UP mode.
    Press the GREEN button!!