Technician

MPC4501 LCIT tandem tray left side bad return after deliverering full tray to right

Tray move left to right and back ok with Little paper. Full paper also ok to right tray - problem left does not move arm all the way back to the left. Tried changing the following parts from MPC4000 (same parts): mover plate with rim, gear assy with clutch - no change. The metal parts in left tray tried adjusted, and the metal under the tray. Right tray plate under paper height ok. Maybe a timing stops the tray because it takes about 6 seconds for normal move back to left and it looks as if it stops moving at that timing with full tray. Any ideas? (machine makes no SC503 or jam codes),

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Zeldaman's Avatar

Re: MPC4501 LCIT tandem tray left side bad return after deliverering full tray to rig

Hi there!
    Had this similar problem once, part of a gear on a shaft was sightly rounded - low paper OK, normal paper NG.
    Hope this helps.
    Greetings...

Technician

Re: MPC4501 LCIT tandem tray left side bad return after deliverering full tray to rig

Quote Originally Posted by Zeldaman View Post
    Hi there!
    Had this similar problem once, part of a gear on a shaft was sightly rounded - low paper OK, normal paper NG.
    Hope this helps.
    Greetings...
    Thank you for your reply. The gear under left is ok. When the gear is bad it normally will not finish move from left to right which is ok in this machine.

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts
    MPC4501 LCIT tandem tray left side bad return after deliverering full tray to right

This may be no help on this model, but if it's like a mp5500 there is a photointerrupter under the rear plate to the left that stops the fence. Might be something to check.
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Technician

I have cleared that sensor. I can not find the sensor info in 5803 in the servicemanual so I can test it but i assume it works it stops correctly with a low pile of paper.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts tjvincent's Avatar

Replace the LCIT Main board, that was a problem from day 1, new board with an updated part number will fix your issue.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Any chance you're trying to get the Wrong tandem tray to work with the C4501. My gut tells me it might be the PB3050 from an MP C4000 that you've been swapping parts from, and not the PB3110 that actually goes with the machine.
    .....just a hunch
    Last edited by sandmanmac; 09-01-2015 at 02:27 AM.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by sandmanmac View Post
    Any chance you're trying to get the Wrong tandem tray to work with the C4501. My gut tells me it might be the PB3050 from an MP C4000 that you've been swapping parts from, and not the PB3110 that actually goes with the machine.
    .....just a hunch
    I know the PB3110 i special compared to older LCITs, but many parts are the same - I have just tried with these parts for test since the error was allready there with the original parts.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by knarfdnul View Post
    I know the PB3110 i special compared to older LCITs, but many parts are the same - I have just tried with these parts for test since the error was allready there with the original parts.
    tjvincent thank you for your answer - I will try this - we have not seen this error before even though we have sold some from new. Ricoh have not heard of this in Denmark and Myricoh has no answers either.