Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MPC3503 SC670

Technician

MPC3503 SC670

The machine will not come to a ready state. It just stays on the origional please wait screen. I have tried replacing the ribbon cable bergen the engine board and the ipu board as well as changing the eeproms on the engine board and changing the controller board. I have a new ipu board on the way to try next but I'd there are any other suggestions that I could try, that would be helpful. I also saw a tech service bullitin on tsrc and I am following that as well.

Senior MFP Technician 50+ Posts 3bok3bok68's Avatar

Re: MPC3503 SC670

Quote Originally Posted by smerritt244 View Post
    The machine will not come to a ready state. It just stays on the origional please wait screen. I have tried replacing the ribbon cable bergen the engine board and the ipu board as well as changing the eeproms on the engine board and changing the controller board. I have a new ipu board on the way to try next but I'd there are any other suggestions that I could try, that would be helpful. I also saw a tech service bullitin on tsrc and I am following that as well.

disconnect the harness of HDD and power cable then switch on the machine if the machine goes to ready state there might be a HDD problem format HDD then see the situation.....

Technician

I am sorry I forgot to mention that I have also already removed the hdd and fax board from the machine as well. The machine does not have a finisher or any other accessories either.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Do you know if anything happened to the machine before the code hit? Power blackout, firmware update? Do you hear any noise at all from the machine as it gets to the please wait screen? If the motors don't activate you may have to go to the IOB as well since you have tried every other board already. There are 2 IOB though, one for transfer and one for print engine. You may also have to change the BCU and the controller together. Sometimes one board causes damage to the other and then you replace the other board which damages the first.

Technician

Well, I did get a little hope yesterday. I changed out the ipu board and the machine made it to the copy screen. Then it threw a sc552-02 code for the thermopiles. After trying a couple restarts and cleaning the sensors, I got the SC670 again. So I am thinking that the bcu board or the power supply may be taking out the ipu.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts mbcruzin's Avatar

Has there been a resolution to this issue?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts bob marley's Avatar

1. Check the connection between the BCU and controller.
    2. Replace the controller.
    3. Replace the BCU
    Live for yourself and you will live in vain. Live for others, and you will live again

What was the sub code?
    The 03's are getting smashed with SC672-11 at the moment.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

I got the very same problem happening on a 5503.

The device was working perfectly before I removed the entire rear section to replace the main drive.

Plugged everything back in and SC670.

I too have replaced the engine IO, the ribbon cable from the engine IO to the IPU and IPU its self

Only BCU and controller to go so I will let you know of the outcome I have

All this because of the customer inserting the waste toner bottle incorrectly which ripped off the actuator arm on it. A overfull waste toner bottle took out the entire waste system, all PCU's, the main drive due to stripping the gears off the cyan drive gear and now the brittle POS machine has a electrical problem.

Technician

Well the machine is fixed and back in the customers office. Basically, what it took was replacing the BCU and the eeprom on it, AC Control board, and Power supply. I still don't know what happened to cause the issue to happen but, after talking with our regional rep, this was the solution we came up with. From what he was thinking, it seemed that the bcu might have shorted taking both the other boards with it. Luckly, he is doing warranty on all the boards that I put in the system.

After I put the new eeprom in the engine board I got a SC240 and all of service mode was in Japanese. After talking with Ricoh Tech support, we got Service mode back to English and the SC240 went away. He explained to me that the SC240 was because Service Mode was in Japanese. I also had to go through the birth certificate and set all the SP modes back to those settings. I am glad to finally have the machine back up and running. Thanks all for your help!