Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: MP6000 ADF runs 3 or 4 sheets then goes int ADF jam.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaxxon View Post
    Same as Cipher - a million options, what jam code does it show that on the log? Sp 5990-004
    I couldn't find sp5990-004 but I checked SP7508-01 and gives jam at 055 haven't checked what that is yet but will look it up.

I cleaned the registration- interval- and exit sensors; now it jams with every copy when I just run the Document feeder in free run (they haven't gotten toner yet.

When the DF goes into a jam; I follow the jam removal procedure but it stays in jam, have to shut machine off and back on.
    *I ran an input check and the registration sensor is showing paper there but I had removed it but after reset the registration sensor shows no paper.

I switched the exit and registration sensors and get jam but now the DF will not reset- even when I turn machine on or off.
    I checked the felt in the turn guide an it is in place- when I go back I'll try to clean any dust off it- just more taking apart I guess.
    I plan to order those sensors (more inventory I won't need) and try them in the DF next.
    In the mean time- I disconnected the document feeder till I return.

*STRANGE?

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rbazan View Post
    I couldn't find sp5990-004 but I checked SP7508-01 and gives jam at 055 haven't checked what that is yet but will look it up.

*STRANGE?
    If my info serves me correctly the above jamb code refers to original jamb history and how many ADF jambs you had on a given date.
    It doesn't really give you the jamb code location of the sensor causing the problem. You would be better using sp7505-01 or there about.

If you follow what all the other guys are saying and Printout the SMC report sp5990-004 then post the first two pages to the forum;
    we might be able to help you track down the problem.

Just thinking...You might need access to the "special sp mode function" to print SMC report in total. PM any of the guys and they will tell you how to elevate the service mode up one level to SP special mode. It just allows access to some extra modes nothing wonderful.
    Last edited by NeoMatrix; 09-02-2015 at 12:56 AM.
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    MP6000 ADF runs 3 or 4 sheets then goes int ADF jam.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoMatrix View Post
    If my info serves me correctly the above jamb code refers to original jamb history and how many ADF jambs you had on a given date.
    It doesn't really give you the jamb code location of the sensor causing the problem. You would be better using sp7505-01 or there about.

If you follow what all the other guys are saying and Printout the SMC report sp5990-040 then post the first two pages to the forum;
    we might be able to help you track down the problem.

Just thinking...You might need access to the "special sp mode function" to print SMC report in total. PM any of the guys and they will tell you how to elevate the service mode up one level to SP special mode. It just allows access to some extra modes nothing wonderful.
    Correction, SP 5990-004.

Problem solved-I didn't see it before but replaced this sensor (SKEW CORRECTION SENSOR was dirty) to solve problem.

The manual on page 6-26 states for this sensor error: Remains off after enough time for the original to feed twice the distance from the original setting position to the skew correction sensor. (Ah; I haven't tried to figure out how to measure that yet.)

Regardless- replaced dirty skew correction sensor. Cleaned black patch (registration) in 'Entrance Scanning Guide'(This cover is not shown in service manual but is in parts manual; page 28 item 1(it is probably in User Manual to remove a paper jam.

Thanks everyone for your help.