Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Technician

Problem when adding new Developer to Ricoh MPC 6501 MPC 7501

I added new developer to MPC6000 and MPC7500 , Easily by using SP3814 and the results in SP3815 are good "1111"

Each time I'm trying to follow the same procedure for MPc7501 or MPC6501 and after I closing the front door and open the power on, The machine stop and give me a massage that it can't detect the toner and an arrows appear for each toner on the screen, so i can't use the SP3814

i'm sure that i followed the same procedures specially " keeping the lever of transfer belt down ", and closing the front door before opening the machine

How can i add the developer by SP3814 without failure

Thank you

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Zaxxon's Avatar

Re: Problem when adding new Developer to Ricoh MPC 6501 MPC 7501

Quote Originally Posted by ahaahm View Post
    I added new developer to MPC6000 and MPC7500 , Easily by using SP3814 and the results in SP3815 are good "1111"

Each time I'm trying to follow the same procedure for MPc7501 or MPC6501 and after I closing the front door and open the power on, The machine stop and give me a massage that it can't detect the toner and an arrows appear for each toner on the screen, so i can't use the SP3814

i'm sure that i followed the same procedures specially " keeping the lever of transfer belt down ", and closing the front door before opening the machine

Thank you
    The developunit should be totally empty for old developer as in EMPTY or it will kick your butt...

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Zaxxon View Post
    The developunit should be totally empty for old developer as in EMPTY or it will kick your butt...
    Thank you Zaxxon ,

but already the developer unit is empty and i'm using blower for cleaning

Retired 10,000+ Posts

My suggestion is to follow the service manual step by step. Unless you are doing a procedure on a daily basis, do not try to do it from memory.

Service Manager 250+ Posts turbojetboy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ahaahm View Post

Thank you

Check the photointeruptor on the rear of the itb assy that checks the poistion of the blue transfer handle. These can become dislodged etc.

You talk about MPC6000 and MPC 6501, are you using the same developer as 6000 to 6501 ?! if so there is your problem...D014/D081...

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

I always have this problem, what I do is follow the service manual procedure until this point, at this point enter in service mode and turn develop motor for the color that you want to fill the developer, use the lower speed possible and be sure that developer case are secure in place.after that follow the rest of procedure by the manual. Don't forget after you put toner hopper and power on the machine, do it with door open, enter service mode and now you close the door.doing this you will prevent the machine to do process control and mess with toner concentration. After enter service mode with door open, close it and do dev setup execute.3811 if I remember. Do this for all color and you are good to go.

This is a know error for this model in service manual.

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar

The Venus dev fill procedure is a total bitch. If the machine asks for the toner hopper to be set prior to dev fill, the TD sensor is still detecting developer. You'd be best off vacuuming the living death out of the dev unit, turning the mag roller, vacuuming again and making sure absolutely no developer is left on the mag roller when you turn it. That's when you know it is completely empty of the old dev.
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by TonerMunkeh View Post
    The Venus dev fill procedure is a total bitch. If the machine asks for the toner hopper to be set prior to dev fill, the TD sensor is still detecting developer. You'd be best off vacuuming the living death out of the dev unit, turning the mag roller, vacuuming again and making sure absolutely no developer is left on the mag roller when you turn it. That's when you know it is completely empty of the old dev.

thank you for your answer

i did my best to clean the tank but still the same problem
    so t used the "CRISTIAN MULLER 's" way , I used 5804-099 , -100,-101-102 to run developer motor

and it's working

thank you

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by TonerMunkeh View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CRISTIAN MULLER View Post
    I always have this problem, what I do is follow the service manual procedure until this point, at this point enter in service mode and turn develop motor for the color that you want to fill the developer, use the lower speed possible and be sure that developer case are secure in place.after that follow the rest of procedure by the manual. Don't forget after you put toner hopper and power on the machine, do it with door open, enter service mode and now you close the door.doing this you will prevent the machine to do process control and mess with toner concentration. After enter service mode with door open, close it and do dev setup execute.3811 if I remember. Do this for all color and you are good to go.

This is a know error for this model in service manual.

Thank you "CRISTIAN MULLER " I follow your recommendations and it's working i used 2804-100 for M , and used 5820-002 then 5801

thanks again