Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Ricoh MPC 4000 ADF J054 Error

I put new PU sep and feed tires in this and out of the blue it starts showing J054 jams. The paper makes it's way half way past the slit glass and then jams... I went through and cleaned all the sensors and reseated the connectors on the board. The customer wasn't complaining about this before I worked on it. Had to be "tech lightning" but what. Any feedback would surely help... Thanks so much

grumpy old git 500+ Posts banginbishop's Avatar

Re: Ricoh MPC 4000 ADF J054 Error

Without seeing the doc feeder I'm not sure on this but does this doc feed have the black felt that gets covered in paper dust? & ive done this on a mp2000 but fitted the pick up housing on wrong. It all fitted together and fed but kept jamming going into the registration.

apart from that my mind is screwed for the day and I'm probably spouting bollocks!

Quote Originally Posted by banginbishop View Post
    Without seeing the doc feeder I'm not sure on this but does this doc feed have the black felt that gets covered in paper dust? & ive done this on a mp2000 but fitted the pick up housing on wrong. It all fitted together and fed but kept jamming going into the registration.

apart from that my mind is screwed for the day and I'm probably spouting bollocks!
    I appreciate the feedback.. It's a DF 3010 (B802) I am looking at the manual now... It seems that it has to be paper dust on a sensor, trying to find which one... There are a lot of em I am finding...

grumpy old git 500+ Posts banginbishop's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doug James View Post
    I appreciate the feedback.. It's a DF 3010 (B802) I am looking at the manual now... It seems that it has to be paper dust on a sensor, trying to find which one... There are a lot of em I am finding...

Page 9 of the service manual item F belt tension unit I fitted wrong!

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Doug James View Post
    I'm betting that the Bishop is 'bang' ON!
    Blow out the paper dust in these sensor 'wells'. (I'm not sure what they're actually called)
    I've even used a sharpie to colour a couple of them black, because the felt had faded, and caused the same effect as paper dust.
    df.jpg

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Original jam code 054 is a trail edge jam at the skew correction sensor. Lift the top cover of the ADF. There are two sensors in the top cover and two wells with felt pads below them. One is the skew correction sensor. I usually blow the dust off both of them felt pads anytime I have jamming on these. I had one customer in a high dust area an hours drive away that I had to show how to clean them otherwise I was out there about every 1 1/2 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Original jam code 054 is a trail edge jam at the skew correction sensor. Lift the top cover of the ADF. There are two sensors in the top cover and two wells with felt pads below them. One is the skew correction sensor. I usually blow the dust off both of them felt pads anytime I have jamming on these. I had one customer in a high dust area an hours drive away that I had to show how to clean them otherwise I was out there about every 1 1/2 weeks.
    THANKS SO MUCH !!! This fixed it right up.. !! Really appreciate all the feedback !!!

Quote Originally Posted by sandmanmac View Post
    I'm betting that the Bishop is 'bang' ON!
    Blow out the paper dust in these sensor 'wells'. (I'm not sure what they're actually called)
    I've even used a sharpie to colour a couple of them black, because the felt had faded, and caused the same effect as paper dust.
    df.jpg
    Thanks so much !! Fixed it right up !! Pic was great help !!

Thanks so much !! Appreciate ya

Thumbs up Re: Ricoh MPC 4000 ADF J054 Error

had the same jamming problem with an MPC4501, checked the felt pads below the sensors and sure are they full of dust, blew the dust off them felt pads and that fixed it.