Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: MP 4000 gray background---

N/A Trading sells a ground tab that installs on the drum shaft at the rear of the machine. Install that (less than ten bucks) and you should be good. I also use N/A Trading's compatible toner for this series. I know, I know. Compatibles? In this series - yes. It runs WAY better in this series than OEM. No filming on dev. roller, sets up like it should. I have to say I have pretty good luck with these.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

N/A Trading sells a ground tab that installs on the drum shaft at the rear of the machine. Install that (less than ten bucks) and you should be good. I also use N/A Trading's compatible toner for this series. I know, I know. Compatibles? In this series - yes. It runs WAY better in this series than OEM. No filming on dev. roller, sets up like it should. I have to say I have pretty good luck with these. blazebussines, NOT overkill to replace the ID sensor. It can cause toner issues in this series.

former propeller tester 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blazebusiness View Post

I guess this is a good time as any to expound on the differences between the SP8200 PCDU and the MP 4000 PCDU as I've come across misleading info in other posts.These units are not "ready to go"....

When you get a SP8200 PCDU you need to replace the front gray cover with the MP 4000 cover. Don't throw away the SP 8200 cover as it has a full new developer/starter powder inside which you can use to setup the dv unit. Remove the PCDU new unit detect assy from the back(brown plastic thingy next to developer drive) and remove some funny metal latching pieces on the top of the PCDU by removing 2 eclips and pulling out the metal pins and you are done.
    Do you have a procedure for the MP 4002 PCDU, which is a little bit different to the MP 4000, thanks heaps

SanDiegoCopierRepair.com 1,000+ Posts
    MP 4000 gray background---

Quote Originally Posted by BLADE View Post
    Do you have a procedure for the MP 4002 PCDU, which is a little bit different to the MP 4000, thanks heaps
    Their not as different as you might think---------The PM kit parts are all the same as the MP 4000/5000/4001/5001/SP 8200 and the developer units, fuser, transfer belt assy can all be used but as far as the PCU (#D009 2200/ #D129 2110) -almost positive it will fit the 4002/5002 (D129/D130 series)
    Last edited by blazebusiness; 09-29-2015 at 02:38 PM.
    Anything can be made to work if you fiddle with it long enough- San Diego Copier Repair.com

SanDiegoCopierRepair.com 1,000+ Posts

To close out this thread...........Copier is up and running. Started the call by replacing the ID sensor (and was surprised at how much machine disassembly is needed to route the cable to replace that item.) The new developer unit fixed the issue and installed the drum shaft ground from NA trading and the NA trading toner. Now I've gotta go and rebuild a Duplexer unit on a Ricoh Pro 1107 series that's jamming. Thanks very much to all who replied.
    Anything can be made to work if you fiddle with it long enough- San Diego Copier Repair.com

3808braxton

I too have this same problem. I had mp 5000's with 2 million copies. copies would look good for 160k to 320k. Now I have low meter 5000's that can't make 1k without over toning. I'm not a Ricoh dealer so I don't have access to the tech pubs. Used to use generic toner now only OEM. After drum and dev replacement I do sp 2001, 3001, 2801, in that order. What am I missing? Todays copier only had 1k and was over toned, and it had the drum shaft grounding mod. Please help before I loose my marbles!

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 3808braxton View Post
    I too have this same problem. I had mp 5000's with 2 million copies. copies would look good for 160k to 320k. Now I have low meter 5000's that can't make 1k without over toning. I'm not a Ricoh dealer so I don't have access to the tech pubs. Used to use generic toner now only OEM. After drum and dev replacement I do sp 2001, 3001, 2801, in that order. What am I missing? Todays copier only had 1k and was over toned, and it had the drum shaft grounding mod. Please help before I loose my marbles!
    Start a new thread and we can help you.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

[QUOTE = slimslob; 600560] Comience un nuevo hilo y podemos ayudarlo. [/ QUOTE]
    Afternoon I see this problem of yours

Do you know what I did?

clean all the magentico
    with tiner
    and through the grooves a needle passes

I'm silvery

and it is fixed

Quote Originally Posted by blazebusiness View Post
    Gonna go out to that machine this week and install the SP 8200A kit which I picked up for a song,replace the ID sensor(overkill-I know) and run all the SP's. And install the NA trading ground strap and start making the customer use the NA trading toner which , as far as I've read , has glowing feedback and not one complaint. This customer will be my tester for those products. We'll see if it helps to keep background issues away.

I guess this is a good time as any to expound on the differences between the SP8200 PCDU and the MP 4000 PCDU as I've come across misleading info in other posts.These units are not "ready to go"....

When you get a SP8200 PCDU you need to replace the front gray cover with the MP 4000 cover. Don't throw away the SP 8200 cover as it has a full new developer/starter powder inside which you can use to setup the dv unit. Remove the PCDU new unit detect assy from the back(brown plastic thingy next to developer drive) and remove some funny metal latching pieces on the top of the PCDU by removing 2 eclips and pulling out the metal pins and you are done.
    On the MP4002 you don't have to remove the lock lever any more.
    And if you cheat the door and run TD setup you can then swap that front cover over,close the door and resume setup.

It's not easy being green 1,000+ Posts Cipher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MIGUELMARCHENA View Post
    [QUOTE = slimslob; 600560] Comience un nuevo hilo y podemos ayudarlo. [/ QUOTE]
    Afternoon I see this problem of yours

Do you know what I did?

clean all the magentico
    with tiner
    and through the grooves a needle passes

I'm silvery

and it is fixed
    Pretty picture time.

• Knowledge not shared, is eventually knowledge that becomes lost... like tears in the rain.

Fully qualified technician for Ricoh - Canon - Sharp - HP - Brother