Senior Tech 100+ Posts johnny32's Avatar

ricoh mp6002 sc 204

Hi all
    Wondering if i could get some help with an sc204 on this model. Machine service manual stated its to do the laser unit. Following thw manual i have changed the laser driver board to no avail so followed it up by changung the polygon motor again to no avail and finally the harness between the two. This is where i have stalled and am looking for a solution urgently. Any hints tips greatly appriecated.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Re: ricoh mp6002 sc 204

A lot of these machines are running pretty dirty. Probable the laser sync detector is covered in toner (its right next to the toner recycle unit on the right side. You take off the right upper cover, a fan and bracket, and you should see a square sensor attached to the laser on the front side of the machine (upper left side looking from the side). Its a little tricky to get out, but cleaning it should resolve your code.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts johnny32's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jfbar1 View Post
    A lot of these machines are running pretty dirty. Probable the laser sync detector is covered in toner (its right next to the toner recycle unit on the right side. You take off the right upper cover, a fan and bracket, and you should see a square sensor attached to the laser on the front side of the machine (upper left side looking from the side). Its a little tricky to get out, but cleaning it should resolve your code.
    Thanks for the info, so cleaned laser sync detector board with no joy. Found on line that it could be a false code for the drum ground so took it out and cleaned and also found a buid up on the drum shaft itself so cleaned and since then no issues so far.

Technician

i had this problem before....just clean contact pin behind drum unit.

Angry Re: ricoh mp7502 sc 204

Hi i have an mp7502 it give sc204 i have changed the polygon motor harnas and polygon board with no luck still gives the same code have cleaned the drum unit even tried a new drum unit still the same problem!! pls advise

Just a tech 250+ Posts keithxxiii's Avatar

Re: ricoh mp7502 sc 204

Quote Originally Posted by cornel View Post
    Hi i have an mp7502 it give sc204 i have changed the polygon motor harnas and polygon board with no luck still gives the same code have cleaned the drum unit even tried a new drum unit still the same problem!! pls advise
    Check if you have a defective IPU
    Aye! Cut the crap

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    ricoh mp6002 sc 204

Re: ricoh mp7502 sc 204

Quote Originally Posted by cornel View Post
    re-read this thread... follow the suggestions...

Next time PLEASE start a different thread since these are two different machines....

did you search CTN for your issue or did you just piggyback on this thread?