Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    MP 3601 Wide format

MP 3601 Wide format

Hi guys,

Have a customer with a MP 3601 wide format printer. They use a cad called cadwork. When printing to the machine it will at random put a 45 degree line on pages that always intersects the edge of a 0 or a oval. The line is long. It does not always happen on the same page either.
    He said he had no issues with this for a long time and it started happening again. We upgraded the print driver but its still does this. Im going to look into firmware next. Apparently he had a OCE wide format and it did it with that machine as well which to me rules out the machine totally but i'd like to try and help him out if i can.

Has any body ever had any issues with this?

Thanks
    Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
    Its all shits and giggles until some body giggles and shits...

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

Re: MP 3601 Wide format

I'm almost certain it is a software fault generated by user error.
    The elipse with a 45deg line is the ascii character zero "0".The elispse with a line represents the diameter symbol of a pipe or cylinder dimension.
    Check which drawing or file has a textbox,outline ,block,profile ,symbol ,dimension layer or character set container. See if the CAD file has hidden layers set with different colours that only print out on the printer, not the PC screen.The faulty zero character will be in the hidden layer on a rotated dimension view, most likely with a company profile outline or text block that gets copied and paste file to file.
    Last edited by NeoMatrix; 10-06-2015 at 11:52 PM.
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    MP 3601 Wide format

Re: MP 3601 Wide format

Quote Originally Posted by NeoMatrix View Post
    I'm almost certain it is a software fault generated by user error.
    The elipse with a 45deg line is the ascii character zero "0".The elispse with a line represents the diameter symbol of a pipe or cylinder dimension.
    Check which drawing or file has a textbox,outline ,block,profile ,symbol ,dimension layer or character set container. See if the CAD file has hidden layers set with different colours that only print out on the printer, not the PC screen.The faulty zero character will be in the hidden layer on a rotated dimension view, most likely with a company profile outline or text block that gets copied and paste file to file.
    Thanks, half of that makes no sense to me but ill pass this onto the customer!
    Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
    Its all shits and giggles until some body giggles and shits...