Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

Ricoh 470W dirty prints - black spots

Hello.
    I have a problem with Ricoh 470W (wide format) machine which making dirty spots on printouts (copies as well).
    I changed the Cleaning Blade in Drum section cuz it makes a ghost image and afterwards copies and printouts are dirty (as seen on attached picture). Before job there was only a ghost image and light background form developer i think.
    Black spots / dots happens not regulary with random density. I opened Drum once again and again and cleaned recycled toner so it's crystal silver chasing in drum section. After that i've done some printouts and with every next image prints are getting more dirty. Toner seems to fall at transfer section as well. After 20 A1 copies transfer section is dirty (cleaned before). Any idea ? I think that could be a AD04 7015 Cleaning Entrance Seal which is uneven, broken, jagged or something but im not sure.

Dirts are made before fusing section.

20151013081742688_0001.jpg

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Re: Ricoh 470W dirty prints - black spots

The Charge Corona is probably the culprit. Take it out and clean both the wire and the grid.

Technician

Re: Ricoh 470W dirty prints - black spots

The problem was as i thought Cleaning Entrance Seal.

I order only a seal but it's without a glue or something so i made it with two-sided tape but it didn't make difference. To be honest printouts was much worse than before.
    Afterwards I ordered and changed whole unit Cleaning Casing B010 3565 with sael originaly atached and it's all ok now. Prints after changing DV bias are clear, no ghost image from Cleaning Blade, no scattering toner spots.