Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

How to set up "Auto Pop UP -- USER CODE Dialog" for Ricoh Print driver

Dear All, Good day, recently a lot of my customer asking for "user code" for control monthly print usage. there is no problem on using copy, fax & scan function. but on printing from PC.

Like CANON driver, user can set the "Auto Pop Up -- user Code Dialog or Confirm user code" before sending print job.

WE can't find it in Ricoh Driver so far. is there any way to set up the above requirement

Thanks

TIAN

Technician

Re: How to set up "Auto Pop UP -- USER CODE Dialog" for Ricoh Print driver

I had a customer ask this exact same question today. They have user codes in their driver (only 3 workstations) and when they printed their usage they had roughly 9,000 clicks in the section called "other". Turns out that if a computer with the driver on it has a guest account, that guest can have unlimited access to the printer. I didn't have time to mess around to see if there was some sort of workaround to that such as intentionally giving the guest account an invalid user code since that computer already has 2 separate accounts each with their own user code. But the customer specifically asked if it was possible to not have a code in the driver and have the computer prompt you to enter a code before the job will print. So I'm also interested if this is possible or not.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

look for the printer driver editor on the ricoh website, Ricoh's Printer Driver Editor - Services and Solutions | Ricoh-USA

Technician

I never knew of that editor, thanks.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jonhiker View Post
    look for the printer driver editor on the ricoh website, Ricoh's Printer Driver Editor - Services and Solutions | Ricoh-USA
    Print driver editor is no longer available from Ricoh. Print Driver Editor can still be downloaded from Softpedia. Or pm me with your email address and I can send it to you.
    Printer Driver Editor Download - Softpedia

Technician

Yeah when I went to download it I got this message:
    The "Printer Driver Editor" has been discontinued.
    In accordance with this discontinuation, the "Printer Driver Editor" has been removed from our download page.

The successor of the "Printer Driver Editor", Printer Driver Packager NX has been released.
    I downloaded the Printer Driver Packager NX, I assumed it was similar or an improved upon version.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Robertgst View Post
    Yeah when I went to download it I got this message:

I downloaded the Printer Driver Packager NX, I assumed it was similar or an improved upon version.
    It is a major change. It is cumbersome and really intended for IT department of a large company. You probably noticed that it was a rather large download. PDE is only about 23 MB. I have checked and the download from Softpedia is the same as the original I downloaded from Ricoh back when they did have it.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    It is a major change. It is cumbersome and really intended for IT department of a large company. You probably noticed that it was a rather large download. PDE is only about 23 MB. I have checked and the download from Softpedia is the same as the original I downloaded from Ricoh back when they did have it.

I just hit the download and forgot about the rest, im using the comcast business class since they had a deal on it for $59.00 even though for some reason i'm paying $97, i really need to get a hold of them about that. Very fast, but maybe the smaller one would be better if the other is intended for a larger organization. Send me a link as a pm. I doubt I'm even allowed to use this on a customers site myself, but I want to download it to play with the functionality of it to see what it can actually do.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts Ottawatech's Avatar

Print Driver Editor won't work on PCL6 drivers, you must use the new Printer Driver Packager NX.

Here's a couple of links to videos that go through the process using PDP:

Tim

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ottawatech View Post
    Print Driver Editor won't work on PCL6 drivers, you must use the new Printer Driver Packager NX.
    My experience is that is does work with PCL6. It does not work with most PCL5. I just tried with the MP C6502 PCL6 driver that I downloaded last week and it works fine. You do have to use it on the uninstalled driver.