Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Technician

Plotbase 3.71 for Ricoh 240 wideformat

Can anyone confirm that there is a Vista version of plotbase for the Ricoh 240 wide format? Also, if running the vista version, are you able to print to it from XP? If printing from Vista, is there a way to print to an XP version of plotbase?

Passing Duplication Xpert 1,000+ Posts cobiray's Avatar
    Yes, the readme with the v3.7.1 is compatible with Vista.

1. Major features added:
    1) Server side:
    - Support for MS Vista 32Bit
    - Update to LibCAD2008 (option TAN required)
    - Update Plotbase OLE to support ACAD up to ver.2008
    2) Client side:
    - PC/HDI support MS Vista 64Bit
    - PC/HDI support ACAD up to ver.2008
    - Help function for PC/WEB
    - WINPRINT driver signed by Microsoft
    3) General:
    - Canceled support of Win95, Win98, WinMe for all clients on
    standard product.
    - Update from elder versions is supported by update procedure as
    already known in elder versions.
    (Save jobs and settings => Unistall old version => Install new
    version)
    - Support for Adobe PDF up to version 1.6 by Adobe engine.
    Note: Know limitations from Plotbase version3.7.1 also apply.

Vacuum Cleaning Expert 1,000+ Posts iMind's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricoh_Suave View Post
    Can anyone confirm that there is a Vista version of plotbase for the Ricoh 240 wide format? Also, if running the vista version, are you able to print to it from XP? If printing from Vista, is there a way to print to an XP version of plotbase?
    plotbase must be installed on a machine (PC) that will be your print server, so I personally think windows 2000 is the best choice or XP. any machine can print to plotbase server.
    We can all Win, but at the end we all loose. Save the greyhound

I agree, 2000 or XP for the plotbase server. I've not had any experience with it, but I've heard of problems loading it on Vista.

Technician
    Is 3.7.1 for the 240? or just the 2400/3600? When I tried to use the 3600 software (3.7) for the 240, it stopped me because the 2400/3600 uses the D4 board, not the D2 (240) board.

Also, you're saying that there IS a driver for printing from vista to XP's plotbase?

I'm unable to access TSCweb, since I'm no longer a ricoh dealer. Could anyone put a image of the install disk, and the vista (to xp plotbase?) driver on an FTP site?

Is 3.7.1 for the 240? or just the 2400/3600? When I tried to use the 3600 software (3.7) for the 240, it stopped me because the 2400/3600 uses the D4 board, not the D2 (240) board.

Also, you're saying that there IS a driver for printing from vista to XP's plotbase?

I'm unable to access TSCweb, since I'm no longer a ricoh dealer. Could anyone put a image of the install disk, and the vista (to xp plotbase?) driver on an FTP site?
    What?
    the drivers for Xp Vista are the same Hdi 1.14 for autocad or RPCS 8.60 for other programs
    Plotebase is installed on the server that will be the comunication machine (PC) with the printer.
    Did you ever install one of these machines ( I don´t think so.)

Same version but the download is different for the 2 models. I'm sorry, but I'm not going to post the software because I don't know you from a ham sandwich.

If you have clients that have upgraded to Vista and want to print through the plot base you can save your file directly to the CFG folder on the plotbase server as a .plt file and it will print as if you've sent it to the plotbase. The work around was official from Ricoh at one point last year. I think around October or so.

Good luck.

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by iMind View Post
    What?
    the drivers for Xp Vista are the same Hdi 1.14 for autocad or RPCS 8.60 for other programs
    Plotebase is installed on the server that will be the comunication machine (PC) with the printer.
    Did you ever install one of these machines ( I donīt think so.)
    Wow..thanks for the rude response.

I've been installing Ricoh Wide Format 240's and 470's for 3 years. It has not been my experience on other drivers that the same driver that works on XP works on Vista, which is what your implying by saying they're the same. This is why most printer manufacturers websites have download screens where you have to pick your operating system as part of selecting the right file to download. Additionally, take a look at any printer driver, in the sharing tab there's an option to install additional drivers. The reason for having that is for sharing the printer across different operating systems.

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by cobiray View Post
    Same version but the download is different for the 2 models. I'm sorry, but I'm not going to post the software because I don't know you from a ham sandwich.

If you have clients that have upgraded to Vista and want to print through the plot base you can save your file directly to the CFG folder on the plotbase server as a .plt file and it will print as if you've sent it to the plotbase. The work around was official from Ricoh at one point last year. I think around October or so.

Good luck.
    Ok, thanks for the info, at least I know there is a 240 version. It's fine that you don't want to post the software for lack of knowing me. Two people I'm working with are requesting Vista, the CFG folder option will work for one of them, the other wants to run plotbase on a vista machine. It's what they want, I'd prefer they leave it the way it is.

Wow..thanks for the rude response.

I've been installing Ricoh Wide Format 240's and 470's for 3 years. It has not been my experience on other drivers that the same driver that works on XP works on Vista, which is what your implying by saying they're the same. This is why most printer manufacturers websites have download screens where you have to pick your operating system as part of selecting the right file to download. Additionally, take a look at any printer driver, in the sharing tab there's an option to install additional drivers. The reason for having that is for sharing the printer across different operating systems.
    I didnīt mean to be rude, sorry,
    look at this link:
    Nashuatec - Central Support Services