Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Lanier LD 445c/ aficio 4500c "add toner" when full .new toner pump clutch wont work?

Hi Guys, i am still in need of some serious help for the "add toner" message. after several new BK toners, a new black toner clutch and pump unit with hose no toner is added. the toner bottle keeps turning, and then it repeats. when i do an engine board clear, it will come to ready but later same thing. i cleaned the sensor board behind the toner bottle. Hytech suggested 2 boards. one was the io board which i had them send. i have checked the drive belt to the 4 toner pump clutches and they are turning and engaged fine. Hytec said then maybe its the BCU board. unfortunately, i cant seem to be able to watch the toner clutch turning or not because if i remove the drum and or transfer unit the machine wont allow or seem to the simulation procedure. does anyone have any ideas if the BCU should now be considered. Hytech said they thought the driver for the toner pump clutch was on the io board which i have replaced. thank you very much, Jim

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Zaxxon's Avatar

Re: Lanier LD 445c/ aficio 4500c "add toner" when full .new toner pump clutch wont wo

It's ALWAYS the pump and remember to vac the hose, I do this by removing toner and hose from the pump and vac from the toner nozzle (where the toner are inserted).

I never changed other parts for the add toner alert on these boxes, than the pump.

Re: Lanier LD 445c/ aficio 4500c "add toner" when full .new toner pump clutch wont wo

Is the dev unit turning , what's quality like , does it look undertoned , ?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts bob marley's Avatar

ur "add toner" problem might have something to do with the toner nozzle assembly or RFID board
    Live for yourself and you will live in vain. Live for others, and you will live again

AutoMajical Resolutionist 2,500+ Posts
    Lanier LD 445c/ aficio 4500c "add toner" when full .new toner pump clutch wont work?

you've done the pump and bottle, with no improvement but have you tried a DV unit, or are you using an aftermarket DV or a modified DV for some other model?????? multiple engine clears usually cause more issues than they solve, hope you backed up the nv RAM or have the BC or the non default data list...............
    Mystic Crystal Revelations

Quote Originally Posted by Zaxxon View Post
    It's ALWAYS the pump and remember to vac the hose, I do this by removing toner and hose from the pump and vac from the toner nozzle (where the toner are inserted).

I never changed other parts for the add toner alert on these boxes, than the pump.
    hi guys, thank you for your thoughts. well, the developer unit is turning i assume as several weeks or more ago i manually poured toner in the inlet on the top rear of the developer uit and when i checked it a minute later the toner was gone. if the pump was working and no developer turning, the toner would be piled up at that opening. as for the copy quality, when i started doing the engine board reset it was nice and dark. but since i have done it several times at the request of Hytech, it has now gotten lighter due to no toner being dispensed. as for the rf board, if i pull the toner out, it tells me to install the toner. once installed, it constantly cycles the bottle for a few minutes and then returns to the "add toner" message. darn thing. as i said, i have replaced the pump assembly that includes the pump, the clutch and a one foor black rubber hose. all in one assembly. the machine is using OEM developer units and drum unit. the customer had used some generic toner, but i have tried two OEM toners since with no change. so, i am perplexed once again. thanks very much for the input. have a great day, Jim

Have you checked the other end of the hose? I guess that would be the toner hopper ass. I had a 4501 or 2 that was doing this and when I pulled the hose off to clean it, the toner was all impacted there and was not getting in the hose. I cleaned that out and problem went away.
    Totoro

AutoMajical Resolutionist 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tonerjockey View Post
    the customer had used some generic toner, but i have tried two OEM toners since with no change. so, i am perplexed once again. thanks very much for the input. have a great day, Jim
    I think we now know how you got this problem to occur............. This service is completely BILLABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Mystic Crystal Revelations

Quote Originally Posted by totoro View Post
    Have you checked the other end of the hose? I guess that would be the toner hopper ass. I had a 4501 or 2 that was doing this and when I pulled the hose off to clean it, the toner was all impacted there and was not getting in the hose. I cleaned that out and problem went away.
    well, when i first got started on this fiesco, i just reached in with canned air from the pump side and pulled the toner bottle. i then blew out the hose and with it making a nice black toner cloud in their lunch room. brought back memories of way back. then i just used my lungs and blew the cloud away from me so i wouldn't breath so much of it. since then i have taken off the hose and the toner sensor and blew that out. next time i go back, i will pull it out and make double sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonerbomb View Post
    I think we now know how you got this problem to occur............. This service is completely BILLABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    what, generic supplies? that should pump? no?