Thread: aficio 1022

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

aficio 1022

When customer turns on machine in morning toner on the first 3 copies can swept , restcopies are ok. Tha same happens if customer doesn't use copier for 2 or 3 hours.
    Hot roller is compatible but i use this roller in other machines with no problems.Is there any any adjustment i have to do?

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts
    aficio  1022

Re: aficio 1022

You might try turning on fuser idling.
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Senior Tech 250+ Posts Polo-022's Avatar

There is a ...pressure roller also!!!!

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    aficio  1022

Quote Originally Posted by mikadonovan View Post
    You might try turning on fuser idling.
    SP 1103 set to 1

Quote Originally Posted by Polo-022 View Post
    There is a ...pressure roller also!!!!
    Check the green lever at the front end of the fusing unit. It should be in the up position. The down position is for envelopes and causes poor fusing on anything else.

Considering that this model was introduced 14 years ago and require the use of a PCMCIA 1 memory card and special software to do firmware, it might be a better idea to replace the dinosaur.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    aficio  1022

had the same symptom today on a 2022 and of course it was fusing fine by the time I got there, but I turned on fusing idling just in case (heat roller was just replaced).
    If they call back press roller will be next.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

+++ on the pressure roller. After a while, it gets "soft" and while it may look OK, it will NOT fuse properly. You can increase the spring tension to see if it will help, but I wouldn't keep it tight as the plastic frame has a tendency to break.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts rthonpm's Avatar

If the plastic frame around the heat tube has broken, replace the bearings with the ones from the 35/45 series that have the additional ring on them. Install the heat tube with that ring on the outer edge of the metal frame on the sides and that will keep it in place even with the frame damaged. Iy may take you a little time to get the heat tube installed the first few times, but it's a foolproof solution for a bad design. I even go as far to only use the 35/45 series bearings in the 1027-MP 3010 machines. I've still got a bunch of these out with low volume customers since these boxes just won't die. If all Ricoh boxes were as easy to keep up as this series and the older 1515 through MP 171 series boxes, life would be good.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    aficio  1022

Quote Originally Posted by rthonpm View Post
    If the plastic frame around the heat tube has broken, replace the bearings with the ones from the 35/45 series that have the additional ring on them. Install the heat tube with that ring on the outer edge of the metal frame on the sides and that will keep it in place even with the frame damaged. Iy may take you a little time to get the heat tube installed the first few times, but it's a foolproof solution for a bad design. I even go as far to only use the 35/45 series bearings in the 1027-MP 3010 machines. I've still got a bunch of these out with low volume customers since these boxes just won't die. If all Ricoh boxes were as easy to keep up as this series and the older 1515 through MP 171 series boxes, life would be good.
    I have noticed that with the newer models Ricoh has put metal tabs on both the side frames and top frame to keep the bearings from moving. I used to use heavy duty paper clips to McGiver tabs at the top to keep the bearings from moving.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Have had once the same problem:
    1. never swap 3030 fusing unit with 2022 or 1027!!!
    2. the cheapest papers even from IBM, xerox,... will end up in such a problem.
    3. Always use the correct, Original hot roller for that model.
    succes!
    It is a dinousaurus, it is, but it's very easy to service (when you finally know the monster ).