Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Ricoh MPC 306SP

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Ricoh MPC 306SP

Hi Guys,

Does anybody know if the new Ricoh MPC 306SP can take embedded software like equitrac/papercut and suppor a USB card reader?

thanks in advance.
    tebow83

Technician

Re: Ricoh MPC 306SP

Quote Originally Posted by Tebow83 View Post
    Hi Guys,

Does anybody know if the new Ricoh MPC 306SP can take embedded software like equitrac/papercut and suppor a USB card reader?

thanks in advance.
    tebow83
    It will have the ability for embedded solutions however there is no word on whether the VM is on a card or embedded (Given the size and that it has PS3 embedded as standard, I would take a guess to say it will be embedded as well similar to the MPC3003, MPC3503, etc...)

There will be USB ports on the side to have card readers installed as it will run the full GW+ architecture.

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar

Loaded question.

No general answer, other than to check for each specific application.

The Java is flash memory, no SD card.

The Smart Operation Panel is standard, and there is no standard panel offered.

Keep in mind that the SOP is actually an Android tablet. That is what makes integrating with applications a bit dicey.

The good news is that it's actually a 10.1" screen, not the dinky little one that was on the C305.
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

AutoMajical Resolutionist 2,500+ Posts
    Ricoh MPC 306SP

Quote Originally Posted by KenB View Post
    Loaded question.

No general answer, other than to check for each specific application.

The Java is flash memory, no SD card.

The Smart Operation Panel is standard, and there is no standard panel offered.

Keep in mind that the SOP is actually an Android tablet. That is what makes integrating with applications a bit dicey.

The good news is that it's actually a 10.1" screen, not the dinky little one that was on the C305.
    Actually this is SOP V.2. It has support for wifi and wifi direct so you can print and scan from I devices and Android devices via Ricoh print and scan and the Ricoh smart connector apps. Although you can only use 1 of the wifi apps at a time.
    This panel has a couple buttons hidden under a cover on the LH side, READ the SOP manual or you will struggle to make the apps work.............................................
    Mystic Crystal Revelations

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar

I have a large Streamline customer who will be getting a herd of these in the very near future.

I understand the C306 orders are on hold until a definitive course of action has been determined. Their Streamline is still at version 2.2, but will be updated fairly soon.

They currently have a bunch of C305s that are coming off lease shortly, and a number of new locations opening up that require the small machines. Anything larger won't fit on the countertops and in the cubby holes they have available.
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins