Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by pspahr View Post
    Other than both being Ricoh, they are completely different. The 1224c has the ITB and PCU system that sucks so bad I can't believe a modern machine uses it. The 2232c uses the diagonal transport system with 4 pcu's fed by individual dev units of each color. The paper travels on a transfer belt unit. This model is easy to work on and for a B2C has excellent image quality.

Out of curiosity, why would you prefer a Canon b2c over a Ricoh? I work both and despise the Canons. I always have to leave my Canon customers with a lie becuase I'd rather them think something intricate failed other than an under engineered duplex guide plate literally bowed due to it's proximity to the fixing unit. Ricoh has issues of their own, but I visit 12 Canon before 1 Ricoh with an equal mix in the field.

This oughta start an unintended flame war.

Hey, I've never had a big problem with ricoh black & white, then again I've never worked on a color ricoh. But I have also never heard Technicians degrade a machine as badly from top to bottom as I have heard them degrade (passionately) the Ricoh 1224 and Savin 3210. Maybe they've (Ricoh) finally got it right good for them, but there's a reason why their resale value is cheaper than Canons . Canon is not the #1 color machine in the industry for nothing, and i have never heard a Canon degraded this way.

It's not easy being green 1,000+ Posts Cipher's Avatar
    I like Canon, I think they have some decent machines, my only problem with them is the price tag.
    • Knowledge not shared, is eventually knowledge that becomes lost... like tears in the rain.

Fully qualified technician for Ricoh - Canon - Sharp - HP - Brother

Vacuum Cleaning Expert 1,000+ Posts iMind's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PCFSS&S View Post
    Hey, I've never had a big problem with ricoh black & white, then again I've never worked on a color ricoh. But I have also never heard Technicians degrade a machine as badly from top to bottom as I have heard them degrade (passionately) the Ricoh 1224 and Savin 3210. Maybe they've (Ricoh) finally got it right good for them, but there's a reason why their resale value is cheaper than Canons . Canon is not the #1 color machine in the industry for nothing, and i have never heard a Canon degraded this way.
    Listen 1224 has nothing to do with 2232 this is a very good machine, I think you didn´t get the message, Its one of our combat machines any tech with agree with me. remember Aficio 2232c has nothing to do with Aficio 1224. Ok.

The upgrade of Aficio 1224c is the 3224c or 3232c
    We can all Win, but at the end we all loose. Save the greyhound

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Ricoh has blown so far by Canon in the color world it's not even funny. Our office sells 7-8 Ricoh's for every one Canon now days.

The Richo 2232 is where Ricoh started to turn the corner. It's not great but as mentioned head and shoulders better than the 1224 pos. Keep the id sensors and transfer rollers clean and it will serve you well.