Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    MPC 6502 / 8002 SC488

MPC 6502 / 8002 SC488

Hi, I have had a MPC 6502 machine in the workshop and all was well, I have installed it at the customers and now all I have is SC488, I ran out of time but have to go back tomorrow, to save me a lot of stripping is there any obvious problem with this error that has come up with you other folk? It was in the truck overnight so maybe the cold has got to the augers but I was not so sure as its not been damp.

Any advice would be great and hope you all had a great Christmas and New Year.

Thanks

Tim

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    MPC 6502 / 8002 SC488

Re: MPC 6502 / 8002 SC488

Hi, This was just a dodgy toner collection motor sensor, cleaned, no good, replaced...fine. Bottom right hand side of inside back top cover for any info :-)

Not had any of these models yet, since we had so many issues with the 6501s, have they improved much? Or, are they still a POS?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    MPC 6502 / 8002 SC488

Hi. They are much better. Cleaner by a long way. No dumping toner all over the Dev. I do find I am doing a mod on most where the transfer belt cleaning unit, which comes out easily and separately need the Mylar bent up a bit, it's attached to metal now so easily done, this stops the toner from over flowing and dropping the odd bit of toner after 30k. Transfer unit it spotless after 300k. The whole thing has changed. Quality is brilliant.
    I would say the faults at worse are that the top tray is a bit naff now and not as solid and also the toner collection can fill really quickly unless you switch off some of the checks and process controls. The quality stays the same and you get half the collection bottle fill. Parts last twice as long and do. Sometimes still get the odd lube bar line on the charge roller but normally a dud lube bar I have found, on the 6501's I loosened the spring pressure so may try and mod these sometime but it's not that often and I don't need to pull them apart that often. Fuser is a bugger to change the belt, probably worse than the 6501 but being SRA3 seems to show less marks on edges and lasts well still.

Hope that Helps

Tim.

AutoMajical Resolutionist 2,500+ Posts
    MPC 6502 / 8002 SC488

I always place a spare waste toner bottle with these, as well as the pro 5100 sister model. There are some posts for the waste issues with some sp changes others have tried in the Ricoh forum.
    Mystic Crystal Revelations

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    MPC 6502 / 8002 SC488

Timmytronic posted some settings to a thread on a few months back that will cut down on the amount of toner these models waste and about double the life of the waste toner bottles. If you cannot find it, PM me or him.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Timmytronic View Post
    Hi. They are much better. Cleaner by a long way. No dumping toner all over the Dev. I do find I am doing a mod on most where the transfer belt cleaning unit, which comes out easily and separately need the Mylar bent up a bit, it's attached to metal now so easily done, this stops the toner from over flowing and dropping the odd bit of toner after 30k. Transfer unit it spotless after 300k. The whole thing has changed. Quality is brilliant.
    I would say the faults at worse are that the top tray is a bit naff now and not as solid and also the toner collection can fill really quickly unless you switch off some of the checks and process controls. The quality stays the same and you get half the collection bottle fill. Parts last twice as long and do. Sometimes still get the odd lube bar line on the charge roller but normally a dud lube bar I have found, on the 6501's I loosened the spring pressure so may try and mod these sometime but it's not that often and I don't need to pull them apart that often. Fuser is a bugger to change the belt, probably worse than the 6501 but being SRA3 seems to show less marks on edges and lasts well still.

Hope that Helps

Tim.
    Just a quick FYI: I have one of these 6502 machine running about 30K per month. Now has 1.3 million copies on it. Have not had to touch the fuser yet! PCU cleaning unit go about 165K. The first ones oout had an exit unit problem, but Ricoh allowed us to change it at not cost. There is a fuser rebuild video out there. I highly suggest you get it, and follow it when the time comes. I'm sure I'm going to have to do a fuser rebuild soon. However, no signs of that yet!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    MPC 6502 / 8002 SC488

Quote Originally Posted by Tonerbomb View Post
    I always place a spare waste toner bottle with these, as well as the pro 5100 sister model. There are some posts for the waste issues with some sp changes others have tried in the Ricoh forum.

Hi. Switch off DEMS, this is not an option on the MP c8002 / 6502 but it's in the SP, non functional. We have a few and DEMS loses a lot of toner into the toner waste. We have found no change in quality. I appreciate they don't put it there for the hell of it but did they make the 6501 type model dump toner everywhere for the hell of it!! 😜

Senior Tech 100+ Posts aktasson's Avatar

Same here with SC488 on a MP C6502. The customer damaged the stopper plastik from the drawer unit. I have removed beforehand the part from our showroom machine.
    On comming Monday I drive to the customer. You think it's the sensor from the waster toner collection motor?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts aktasson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aktasson View Post
    Same here with SC488 on a MP C6502. The customer damaged the stopper plastik from the drawer unit. I have removed beforehand the part from our showroom machine.
    On comming Monday I drive to the customer. You think it's the sensor from the waster toner collection motor?
    AW020145, if someone is searching for. Hmmm, strange, i found no input check sp for this sensor.
    Last edited by aktasson; 03-26-2018 at 11:01 AM.