Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Pro C 5100 - Excessive toner usage on Short runs

Hi,

We recently installed our first Pro C 5100 at a local and small printers who like all print shops use it for short and long runs. On the short runs in particular the machine seems to use up a large chunk of the toners bottles even when the coverage on the page is moderate. As these bottles are meant to do around 32k based on 8 % (A4 duplex) i wondered if anyone else is suffering with these machines burning through toner and also filling up waste toner bottles every other day?

We have had a Ricoh Tech Spec out to check the machine over and all is ok but i keep asking myself can the machine be changed so it doesn't do as many checks on short runs etc.

Any help would be appreciated!

Technician

Re: Pro C 5100 - Excessive toner usage on Short runs

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Lay View Post
    Hi,

We recently installed our first Pro C 5100 at a local and small printers who like all print shops use it for short and long runs. On the short runs in particular the machine seems to use up a large chunk of the toners bottles even when the coverage on the page is moderate. As these bottles are meant to do around 32k based on 8 % (A4 duplex) i wondered if anyone else is suffering with these machines burning through toner and also filling up waste toner bottles every other day?

We have had a Ricoh Tech Spec out to check the machine over and all is ok but i keep asking myself can the machine be changed so it doesn't do as many checks on short runs etc.

Any help would be appreciated!
    Unfortunately this machine consume a lot of toner. I have 7 machines and the average toner consumption is about 12k with moderate coverage...so....there is nothing to do about it

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Pro C 5100 - Excessive toner usage on Short runs

Re: Pro C 5100 - Excessive toner usage on Short runs

Try the settings that timytronic posted in post #23 of the following thread: MPC 8002 and 5100 toner waste.