Technician

MP4002 strange noise

Hi,

I have a strange problem with this machine and if you have any helpful suggestion that would be great.

When the paper is passing through the drum unit and transfer belt, there is a strange noise until the moment when the paper feed in the fixing unit. The copy is blured and reduced at the begining of the paper. The end of copy is ok.
    It seems that transfer belt have lower speed then drum unit because when i remove the gear from transfer belt there is no noise anymore and seems that everything works fine.
    Also , when i put the gear back and disconnect transfer bias from belt there is no noise at all but print is to light of course.
    Neither of this two methods are not a solution and i can't figure out what is going on whit this machine.

btw. we try to replace several parts from another machine which is working fine like Drum unit, Fixing unit, Transfer belt, complete right door, all motors and gears . . .

Thanks
    Darko M.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Zeldaman's Avatar

Re: MP4002 strange noise

Hi there!
    Had this 2 times, itīs the papertransferroller-unit. Thereīs a RTB with the new, modified part. This noise comes from the little, steel-triangels of the antistatic-brush which scraping over the paper producing this noise. If you take other (harder for example) paper the frequence is changing. Hope this helps.
    Greetings...

Technician

Thanks, i'll take a look. . .
    But, the noise is more like from skiping gears or shoulder beltn not from scratching of paper.

transfer belt is moisturized yo need zink powder .put some little amount on it.and clean axes.and metal bully's .beware of stocking small joint in side gear .and clean red carpet it's always contaminated with paper dust. with some maintenance it will work like a shamp

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Counsel's Avatar

zeldaman is thinking of the color model, the mp4002 doesnt have a ptr. the only time ive seen that is when the pin in the drive gear on the transfer deck is missing. there should be about a half inch long metal pin in the white gear on rear side. It sounds like a transfer deck issue but if you have replaced pcu and transfer deck from working machine and got the same result then its hard to say nothing comes to mind without having my hands on it.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Zeldaman's Avatar

Hi there!
    OOOPS, missed the missing C, sorry!!!
    Greetings...

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

I haven't worked on that model, but if it does have a transfer belt like the old 35/45 cpm machines I agree with vargue. It does sound like the belt is binding on its cleaning blade (got to see that on a 1035 or 2035 when we got some crap aftermarket toner back in the day), and that would explain the print defect and also the gear skipping noise.

Technician

Hi guys,

the problem is solved.

My colleague was mistakenly connect wrong connector to the transfer belt motor.
    There is one more motor with the same connector beneath.

Object lesson is : never remove cable ties from the machine !

Thanks for you replies.

a7a