Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Ricoh Pro C901 booklet maker (plockmatic/problematic BK5010e)

Re: Ricoh Pro C901 booklet maker (plockmatic/problematic BK5010e)

Is anyone on this thread willing to chat with me in regards to BK5010? No one in my area touches these anymore and was given the task to repair one but I'm running into issues that seem to be caused by my lack of familiarity. I cannot get past error bk156 and as far as I know, I have all of the proper jumpers. The machine is standing alone with trimmers attached but without a copier. The manual keeps instructing me to use service mode, but I cannot without the copier attached. Or that is my understanding at least. I would be so grateful for the help.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

It is referring to the Plockmatic service mode. If you don't have a service manual, get one. everything you need to know is in the manual, except you might have your regional support rep for the password.

WHW

Quote Originally Posted by TayTayTheTechnician View Post
    Is anyone on this thread willing to chat with me in regards to BK5010? No one in my area touches these anymore and was given the task to repair one but I'm running into issues that seem to be caused by my lack of familiarity. I cannot get past error bk156 and as far as I know, I have all of the proper jumpers. The machine is standing alone with trimmers attached but without a copier. The manual keeps instructing me to use service mode, but I cannot without the copier attached. Or that is my understanding at least. I would be so grateful for the help.

For what it's worth, my BK5010e is used offline and I've accessed the service mode on several occasions. As I recall it's TOOLS > SERVICE > 107

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WHW View Post

For what it's worth, my BK5010e is used offline and I've accessed the service mode on several occasions. As I recall it's TOOLS > SERVICE > 107
    Thank you for this information. I have the service manual, but I was assuming that the '107' service mode was corresponding to the copier service mode. there are only three buttons on the plock itself so I was at a loss as to how I would input the numbers. I am also having trouble because once the machine errors out, it will not let me click tools. I will keep playing with it and see what I can find with this new info. Do you have any experience with the 156 error? I'm starting to believe that it is a configuration error and has nothing to do with the switch. I swapped the switch from another down machine and had the same result. and prior to me detaching the booklet maker from the trimmer and conveyer belt, I was experiencing BK024 error. Thank you very much for your input, I'm aware that I may be overthinking a lot of this lol so it is nice to have a point of reference.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WHW View Post

Sounds right to me. Still needs the service to know how to trouble shoot BK156.