Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: mp c4500

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: mp c4500

Quote Originally Posted by skynetto View Post
    Wich colour i affected? Be careful with the tube beeing blocked by itb if the wrong pump is installed in the wrong place, for example placing black pump in the yellow place, its tube will be blocked by itb as it has a different angle
    Its cyan pump i change with magenta. Angle is near and it is not blocked i checked

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by m_donakov View Post
    3201 - 2.18
    3222- 1.71
    The machine is heavily undertoner. So the things you have to try....again....in order are:

1) New toner bottle (even the one you have is new)
    2) New pump and new tube
    3) New Developer / PCU unit

Everytime you change something try forcing toner (SP3015) and check the value of 3201. If it lowers than your problem is solved (just have to force toner untill it goes near the value of 3222). If it goes up try changing something else in order. There's nothing else you could do here. So no clear settings or firmware upgrade as they lead to nothing but problems (specially clear settings)

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts bob marley's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zaxxon View Post
    Did you change it to a brand new or used pump? If new pump, try development unit.
    agree , a brand new pump is the best solution
    Live for yourself and you will live in vain. Live for others, and you will live again

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Agree with all the advise colleagues have given so far, there is one mention of check dev gears, but, I have found , check the big white gear on the copier itself that drives the dev gear, have found that to wear out completely and not drive the dev unit. Failing that......

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

I have seen three brand new toner pumps that were bad out of box over the last few years. Check your outputs on the BICU for the on signal to the the K toner pump. If you have a high that does not go low then you have a bad out of box pump.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Make that the IOB board. Connector 236 (CN236_ pins A1 and A2. A2 should go high (24v) when clutch is active. Compare a color pump on CN236 and you will see what is supposed to happen. Put the machine in simulation and turn the clutch on and you will see the change of state, then compare that to the black pins.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Counsel's Avatar

Agree to replace toner pump with new using the correct part number for replacement, and install the tube that comes with it, don't do the quick pump install using the old tube.

These are older boxes.....didn't an engine clear fix this on this series?

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    mp c4500

Quote Originally Posted by Oze View Post
    These are older boxes.....didn't an engine clear fix this on this series?
    Regardless of the age of the machine, an engine clear is never a good idea, unless you have the birth certificate or recent non-default print out. Depending on the model you could lose things like settings for laser unit(s), toner density sensor(s), ID sensor assembly and any other parts that come with a setting sheet or sticker that have to entered when the part is replaced. On a color machine you will also lose all the settings for line position. Settings will be far enough off that forced line position adjustment will fail. If you have never done a manual line position adjustment before it could take 4 hours or more to get it back to where you can use forced line position.

copierman 250+ Posts
    mp c4500

Red face Re: mp c4500

As someone has already said it could be the large black and white gear at the rear of the machine that drives the dev clutch ( normally the motor spindle has worn too)

I had to replace this gear last week and prior to this the mc was asking for toner.

I replaced dev unit also. The machine came back on asking for toner. So I set toner end detect to off and rebooted.

I then ran some copies of the problem colour and did a forced toner supply and the vt went down to vt ref.

I then put toner detect back on again and rebooted. Mc worked fine after that.
    Networking skills are advantageous but use of a 3m vacuum cleaner is essential