Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts

mpc6502 sc516 and514

we have a mpc6502 that keeps coming up with sc516 and514 we have checked the dplex and the inverter are and also changed the whole exit/inverter area as per the jamming bulitin but still get a problem with the sc514 anyone having the same problems please help

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Counsel's Avatar

Re: mpc6502 sc516 and514

Last time we had this issue we found small paper chunks in the fusing to machine connectors.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    mpc6502 sc516 and514

Quote Originally Posted by Counsel View Post
    Last time we had this issue we found small paper chunks in the fusing to machine connectors.
    I have had the same issue with the MP C 6501. Very small piece of paper in the machine side connector that just covered one of the contacts. Had to shine my flashlight at the connector to see it. Happened to be the HP sensor for one of the motors.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

thanks for the info I will have a look

Senior Tech 250+ Posts kannuki2's Avatar

slot, were you able to find a solution for this issue. I am having similar issue and did not find any obstruction on the connector.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

on one machine we found a small piece of paper in the connector on the bed side of the copier we have also had to change one of the connectors on the bed also .
    the othere copiers have been fixed by carrying out the mod on the edge detection arm as the mylar gets damaged it is always worth checking that all the paper tray side arms are centered as this will affect the paper path

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    mpc6502 sc516 and514

Hi All,
    I'll tack my problem onto the end of this thread rather than start another one.

My MP C says P/Js in the exit/ inverter area, no paper found, when the draw is shut it then shows SC514, Inverter Entrance Junction Gate Motor error.

All plugs and sockets checked for paper scraps but none found. First the motor was swapped then the DUB board but no success.

I tried input and output modes and found that I could get on/off readings from all the paper sensors but couldn’t run any of the motors in the exit/inverter area.
    This lead me to believe that we had lost the 24v supply to the draw.

Swapped the PFB board that supplies power to the DUB and there was no change.

Checked the input to the PFB and wasn’t getting -24v on pin 5 of CN279.

Then changed the PSU-ECO and the AC Drive Board and still no result.

However did notice that the -24v was on pin 5 when the copier first booted up then disappeared about the time that it said paper jam.
    Is this normal? Is it a part of the copiers normal operation that it disconnects the -24v when it spots a problem?

Any insight into this problem would be greatly appreciated.
    At least 50% of IT is a solution looking for a problem.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Please see attachment i have had to change 4-2 on the bed side of the copier when you shut the draw it would intermitantly come up with code
    Attached Images Attached Images

mpc6502 sc516 and514

What the hell have I done now??

I have an old trade-in MP C6502 in my workshop thats used as a test box and emergency parts donor and was fitting the boards into the customers copier one by one to try to resolve my SC 514 problem. Got nowhere so decided to put everything back in my test box and get it working again so I could check voltages and output readings against problem machine. All back together again and parts that had been "borrowed" by field techs replaced, turn it on and........would you believe it......it's now got exactly the same problem as the customers!! Oh f**k!!

Just to recap, says jam in E1 & E2, open draw, open E flaps, jam light clears, shut draw and it says SC514.

All I can think of at the moment is that I had the spare controller board in the customers copier with the customers NVRAMS and somehow something got written to the spare board and that has transferred back to the test box.

If I was paranoid and didn't know better I'd say its got a virus!!.

mpc6502 sc516 and514

Nope, sent myself down the wrong path there. Turns out that the field tech that first worked on this had already taken the DUB board out of my test machine and tried it in the customers and looks like it fried this board as well.
    Found that the 6A 24V fuse on both boards had popped, replaced the fuse but still have the same problem.
    Looks like there is a short in the draw unit that has fried a IC on the board and this blew the fuse. Repaired the fuse but still got faulty IC on the board.
    Have looked at the board with a pair of 3x specs and a strong light but can't see where the smoke got out.
    Any suggestions as to where I go from here as I don't want to fit a new DUB to a copier that is likely destroy it within seconds unless I can track down the short?