Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

MP-301 factory reset?

I have an MP-301 with a really odd problem. At the customer's office, it will not pick up an IP address by DHCP, nor will it allow a specific assigned address to be recognized on the network. I brought in another 301, and it worked perfectly. Brought their 301 to my office, and it worked perfectly, both DHCP and specific. Brought it back to the customer, where my 301 was working, and still wouldn't pick it up. I gave it to their IT dept. (it's a large bank, this problem occurs at a branch). The took it to their main office where their IT dept. is, they connected it to the network there, and it worked fine. They took it back to the branch, and still will not work. We're thinking there's a small setting on the machine (it's fairly new, on 5K on it) or something really quirky, so I'd like to do a reset, if this is possible. I see where you can do some resets in SP mode, but I don't see where a complete reset is possible. I'm not real familiar with Ricoh, as we do mostly Kyocera, but have worked on the mechanical part of the 161/171/201 for a few years. I'm still learning.... Any direction would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! Jeff M.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    MP-301 factory reset?

Re: MP-301 factory reset?

SP 5801-011 will clear all network settings.

Re: MP-301 factory reset?

Thanks, slimslob. I'll try this. Appreciate your response. Jeff M.