Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Technician

MP6001 Dev dumping

Morning folks,

Having a puzzling one on an MP6001.

The machine appears to be loosing its developer and passing it through the recycling system and dusting the drum glass.

It has had... new dev unit, new developer, new drum, new charge unit, drum potential sensor, cleaning blade, transfer belt, toner recycling unit, toner recycling pipe. Yet still after a couple of days we are loosing the image on the paper. Checking the drum glass it is coated with toner/dev.

The machine was throwing up SC315 codes, which have now stopped with the replacement of the potential sensor. Yesterday when I was there it had thrown a couple of SC312 codes.

I'm scratching my head slightly and pulling my hair out. I don't have a lot of hair left to start with.

Any help would be much appreciated

Many thanks

Phil

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Zeldaman's Avatar

Re: MP6001 Dev dumping

Hi there!
    Absolutly essential: complete FW-update & cleaning/changing the filters of the machine. If theyīre dusted/dirty the developer is "running" through the machine.
    Checking the following spīs: 2-201-004 = 240 V
    2-967-001 = 0
    3-902-008 value greater then +380 V, the drumīs gone.
    Hope this helps.
    Greetings...

Check: Drum earth contacts, erase lamp, charge or bias boards, magnetic roller...

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

When you changed the developer unit did you remove the filter from the old one and install it it the new one?

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    MP6001 Dev dumping

Quote Originally Posted by MIKON View Post
    When you changed the developer unit did you remove the filter from the old one and install it it the new one?
    Or install a new one.

Also the piece of plastic that set on top of the filter to keep it from lifting up. If it is missing then toner haze will gas out around the edges of the filter and coat the top of the development unit, the drum potential sensor and the laser shield glass.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Counsel's Avatar

Does the machine have a high page count like up in the millions, if your leaking developer and you have several million pages on the machine it may be time to just replace the developer unit as a whole, I don't think they list them with any yield but even on the larger machines their dev units are rated at like 4 or 5 million for replacement. Something to think about if you don't narrow it down, with the other suggestions, also the front and rear seals on those units leak we try to replace the bearing seals around every other or 3rd PM, otherwise you get feed units with developer in them.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    MP6001 Dev dumping

Quote Originally Posted by Counsel View Post
    Does the machine have a high page count like up in the millions, if your leaking developer and you have several million pages on the machine it may be time to just replace the developer unit as a whole, I don't think they list them with any yield but even on the larger machines their dev units are rated at like 4 or 5 million for replacement. Something to think about if you don't narrow it down, with the other suggestions, also the front and rear seals on those units leak we try to replace the bearing seals around every other or 3rd PM, otherwise you get feed units with developer in them.
    In his first post he said that the development unit was replaced with new.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

This is why I have come to DESPISE Ricoh!....parts never reach their yield!

On the MP6001, and all of the OLDER models that are just like it...exhibit the same damn problem with the Developer unit.

Anywhere from 1.5 million to 2 million, the dev units start puking developer out the back seals, developer falls on the paper feed units and "takes them out" so that they have to be cleaned and lubricated...the developer is some abrasive nasty shit!...oh yeah...and I do clean/replace the filter on the developer unit!

The MP6001 is a "Lipstick on a Pig" situation...ricoh changes the color and styling (maybe the system engine so it's a little faster) but underneath, it's the same shit!...same old shit...new day!

Another "gripe" is the foam gathering rollers on the finisher....FOAM???...for REAL?!...that shit ROTS!!!....how about a flexible rubber that DOESN'T rot?!?!

NEED I SAY MORE?!

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts
    MP6001 Dev dumping

Quote Originally Posted by qbert69 View Post

Another "gripe" is the foam gathering rollers on the finisher....FOAM???...for REAL?!...that shit ROTS!!!....how about a flexible rubber that DOESN'T rot?!?!

I already tried that. I tore off the sponges and glued small rubber rollers to the shaft. Unfortunately, the little bit of extra load added by doing that stalled the exit motor out because it was so weak.
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Counsel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    In his first post he said that the development unit was replaced with new.
    Ah yes missed that, sorry. One thing you could also check would be the charge unit, make sure the spring that hooks to the corona wire is sticking out well enough to make good contact, or if you have a high page count try replacing the corona block in the back of the machine.