Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mountain Tech 50+ Posts
    Thanks for all the suggestions....It turns out that what I thought were good feed units were bad. I swapped them out with another set and she is up and running. I'll take the bad ones and go thru them and fix them. Thanks again.

School District Tech 500+ Posts schooltech's Avatar
    Great!! Glad that you found the problem. It definitely can be frustrating at times. There was an update on a few of the one-way gears (I think they are AB011490 & AB011491) Most of the later machines (Serial #) have these on them.
    Bachelor of Science in Information Technology, Comptia A+, Comptia Network+

Service Manager 250+ Posts FRIDGEMAGNET's Avatar
    This machine has been prone to dev leaks from worn bushings which end up dumping dev all over the feed stations. This usually means a new set of feed stations.

Mountain Tech 50+ Posts

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by FRIDGEMAGNET View Post
    This machine has been prone to dev leaks from worn bushings which end up dumping dev all over the feed stations. This usually means a new set of feed stations.
    You are correct.....I noticed and cleaned up a bit of developer, the #1 feed unit had the most in it. We have run the machine hard today to make certain it will work for the customer. Once again, thanks everyone for your suggestions.

Wink It's a refurb, isn't it, ART?

Hows the VW bus, anyway?

If it's the box I'm thinking it is check to see if it's one that was refurbed. Possibly has the wrong registration section in it altogether.

Anyway...it's time to think about it. All trays fail and I'll guess they all fail in the same place. Would that be just before or just at the registration section? The upper relay roller (shaft with the 2 big grey gears on it with B2 door) is driven by the bypass feed motor. Have you tried running a large number of prints feeding from the bypass tray to see if it jams in the same way? Probably won't as the bypass feeds paper directly to the registration rollers. However, if it does have issues jamming from bypass then maybe that's where it problem lies. I can't recall the linkage from the bypass motor to the upper relay roller (been seeing way too many Canons recently, Ricohs run reliably ;^)!!) but I don't believe it's clutch driven, more likely direct drive through gearing. Maybe the bypass motor belt is missing teeth, or the linkage between there and the upper relay motor has a gear missing teeth, etc., etc. You get my drift.

Otherwise, you could always try real estate again!!!!!
    VectorLinux---Check it out!

day late--dollar short

Quote Originally Posted by pspahr View Post
    Hows the VW bus, anyway?

If it's the box I'm thinking it is check to see if it's one that was refurbed. Possibly has the wrong registration section in it altogether.

Anyway...it's time to think about it. All trays fail and I'll guess they all fail in the same place. Would that be just before or just at the registration section? The upper relay roller (shaft with the 2 big grey gears on it with B2 door) is driven by the bypass feed motor. Have you tried running a large number of prints feeding from the bypass tray to see if it jams in the same way? Probably won't as the bypass feeds paper directly to the registration rollers. However, if it does have issues jamming from bypass then maybe that's where it problem lies. I can't recall the linkage from the bypass motor to the upper relay roller (been seeing way too many Canons recently, Ricohs run reliably ;^)!!) but I don't believe it's clutch driven, more likely direct drive through gearing. Maybe the bypass motor belt is missing teeth, or the linkage between there and the upper relay motor has a gear missing teeth, etc., etc. You get my drift.

Otherwise, you could always try real estate again!!!!!
    Note to self---next time make sure I've read all the responses to make sure problem hasn't already been resolved........
    VectorLinux---Check it out!