Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts sharpmind's Avatar

Color quality in printing (MP C2003sp)

The user is printing a certificate. The printed images are different the way he sees it on the screen.For example, the golden yellow image becomes brown when the user print it on MP C2003.I thought the monitor is not properly calibrated that the input is different from the output image.To isolate the problem, I print the same file to MP C2551 and the printed image is fine as I see it on the monitor of the computer. The MP C 2003 is still new and is installed one month ago. The counter is only 5000 prints.Any ideas how I can resolve the problem? I dont think ACC in user tools will solve the problem because I did it once in other machine of same model which is having the same color quality issue. During the installation,ACC is already done.Have you tried gamma adjustment? I am not well familiar in this adjustment.

Service Manager 250+ Posts SwisSeV's Avatar

Re: Color quality in printing (MP C2003sp)

The user has poor color replication from their computer. When you print the same image from your computer the color is good.
    Is that right?

Are you both using the same software and settings? If not, that could be why the colors are different. Different software handles color drastically different.

Quote Originally Posted by SwisSeV View Post
    The user has poor color replication from their computer. When you print the same image from your computer the color is good.
    Is that right?

Are you both using the same software and settings? If not, that could be why the colors are different. Different software handles color drastically different.
    I am using the same computer (user computer) and same settings. I print the same file on two machines. Using MP C2551, the printout is the same as I checked it on the screen. But when I print the file in MP C2003sp, the output is different. see attached file. Note: printout with yellow is printed in MPC 2551. That is the correct image as shown in the file in the computer. Printout with brown image is printed in MP C2003sp. Can you spot the big difference?
    IMG_20160405_104135.jpgIMG_20160407_050936.jpg

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Polarbear's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sharpmind View Post
    I am using the same computer (user computer) and same settings. I print the same file on two machines. Using MP C2551, the printout is the same as I checked it on the screen. But when I print the file in MP C2003sp, the output is different. see attached file. Note: printout with yellow is printed in MPC 2551. That is the correct image as shown in the file in the computer. Printout with brown image is printed in MP C2003sp. Can you spot the big difference?
    IMG_20160405_104135.jpgIMG_20160407_050936.jpg
    What program are you printing from and which printer driver are you using (i.e. universal driver?) Is it a PCL or PS driver?
    Press the GREEN button!!

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Yes the driver makes a big difference so does ACC

Use the latest PCL6 driver & update ALL the firmware (even though you say the machine is nearly new, Ricoh bring our regular firmware updates on this metis range)

Also make sure you run ACC for both copier AND all the PRINTER ones.
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Zeldaman's Avatar

Hi there!
    +1 copier tech is right, we get new fw this week. 1. upload the package-fw, 2. check & upload different module-fw. Then ACC.
    On the last workshop at RICOH they telled us, if itīs not working after ACC the customer can install a ICM-colourprofile from the RICOH-homepage (under Downloads).
    Hope this helps, itīs worth atry.
    Greetings...

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Ricoh had an information bulletin out at one time that advised to run ACC for all modes at installation and after anytime firmware is updated on the Metis.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeldaman View Post
    Hi there!
    +1 copier tech is right, we get new fw this week. 1. upload the package-fw, 2. check & upload different module-fw. Then ACC.
    On the last workshop at RICOH they telled us, if itīs not working after ACC the customer can install a ICM-colourprofile from the RICOH-homepage (under Downloads).
    Hope this helps, itīs worth atry.
    Greetings...
    update the firmware,use the latest printer driver and run ACC twice but still not solve the problem...

Printing the same file in three MPC2003 gives wrong print output( brown text)..I also print the same file in two MPC 2050 and the print output is golden yellow.
    Last edited by sharpmind; 04-10-2016 at 03:30 PM.

AutoMajical Resolutionist 2,500+ Posts

try doing sp5610 to reset ACC to default then re cal all modes, then i would do what Zeldaman mentioned install the icm profile for the printer. What OS and what app are you printing from?
    Mystic Crystal Revelations

Quote Originally Posted by Tonerbomb View Post
    try doing sp5610 to reset ACC to default then re cal all modes, then i would do what Zeldaman mentioned install the icm profile for the printer. What OS and what app are you printing from?
    the user is using windows 7 professional 32-bit and the file he is printing is in Word format.IMG_20160410_193455.jpgIMG_20160410_193507.jpg