Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts digicor's Avatar

MPC3002 sc554 not clearing

I just got handed a MPC3002 with a sc554, the whole fuser has been replaced, re fused, but the tech in this co didnt get an NV ram before he started having trouble, so Is the machine verually dead? is there another way around it? He said it just wont clear, Ive tried also no avail, what can be done? or is it a Parts bin supplier? LOL

AutoMajical Resolutionist 2,500+ Posts
    MPC3002 sc554 not clearing

Re: MPC3002 sc554 not clearing

did you install the reset fuse on the fuser and then execute sp 5810-02??????
    Mystic Crystal Revelations

Quote Originally Posted by Tonerbomb View Post
    did you install the reset fuse on the fuser and then execute sp 5810-02??????
    i dont know what was done and in what order, Should i try run sc5810/02 then try to re fuse,? i inhereted the machine
    soi would like to try to salvage it and re sell it

Quote Originally Posted by digicor View Post
    I just got handed a MPC3002 with a sc554, the whole fuser has been replaced, re fused, but the tech in this co didnt get an NV ram before he started having trouble, so Is the machine verually dead? is there another way around it? He said it just wont clear, Ive tried also no avail, what can be done? or is it a Parts bin supplier? LOL
    Hi Digicor,

I encountered this problem on MPC4503...i tried to replaced the whole fusing unit but it does not work at all....

I replaced the EEPROM on the BCU to solve the SC554....this is a bug

I am only sharing what i encountered on the field and im not sure if this is same on MPC3002

Hope this will help you....good luck

How'd ya manage that? 1,000+ Posts

SP5810-02 tells the unit to look for the fuse and attempt to 'pop' it. If the unit sees the fuse and sees that it opened then you may still need to run SP5810-01 to actually perform the reset. We have some models that have this two-step process that will not reset unless the firmware is up to date, at least engine and system. I did not find specific references about the issue, but it has happened to me and a few others in my branch office as well, so I do suggest updating it first then trying the resets again assuming the fuse is still good.

Thanks, Ive found a whole thread on this subject, and there is only two ways out, refuse it then do the sp5810-2 or replace the fuser with a brand new one? ok that ain happnin , im going to re fuse it then run the sp/ see what happens
    so im assuming i start the machine with the front door open, cuz the code comes on almost immediately, then enter sp mode, then shut the door, rum the sp right

How'd ya manage that? 1,000+ Posts

The machine only checks for a fuse under two conditions. One is where the unit was run all the way to a fuser stop (exceeding the allowable PM value by x amount) where the fuser is replaced, and the other is when a 'hardware error' fuser code is cleared using SP5810-02.

Install the fuse, turn on the machine, access SP mode, run the reset SP and restart. You may need to reset the regular SP 5810-01 as well.