Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Technician

Re: pdf slow printing - ricoh mpc3002

Thanks for the solution of removing the Ricoh class driver. That solved the slow pdf printing for me on windows 10. We have a service agreement with Ikon and there suggestion was replace our MPC 3501, or maybe update the firmware. Gah.

Glad to have joined up on this community. I don't have a lot of copier experience, but am experienced in the world of networking, software, and general hardware issues and hope to contribute and learn as I go.

-Regards, Chris

Copier Combobulator 500+ Posts

Only PDF issue I've ever had is when a customer somehow installed the post script driver for their machine, which has no post script option installed. Made the machine spit out a bunch of code errors. About 10 sheets of 11x17 later I discovered this.

Any time we do the printer/driver install I get the latest PCL6 from Ricoh's website and set the machine to print to the printer host name, leave the machine on DHCP. That way when the customer decides to buy a new router, or switch to a new ISP their printer still works.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    pdf slow printing - ricoh mpc3002

Quote Originally Posted by sturmtrooper View Post
    Only PDF issue I've ever had is when a customer somehow installed the post script driver for their machine, which has no post script option installed. Made the machine spit out a bunch of code errors. About 10 sheets of 11x17 later I discovered this.

Any time we do the printer/driver install I get the latest PCL6 from Ricoh's website and set the machine to print to the printer host name, leave the machine on DHCP. That way when the customer decides to buy a new router, or switch to a new ISP their printer still works.
    Most end users don't know enough about how to do a manual install and merely let Windows automatically install printers. Also a lot of IT people are too lazy to take the time to do a manual install. When Windows does an automatically install you end up with the Ricoh Class Driver and the WSD port.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

WSD port is only good for home users, customers who buy their printer from PC world etc & have zero IT skills, it's designed so they can simply "plug & play" in a 1/2 PC environment & obviously no server.
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Major Asshole! 2,500+ Posts

Had a customer with a MPC2011 with two computers with the exact same problem. Went to take a look - sure enough, WSD ports and class drivers. Installed PCL5 and TCP/IP port, disabled SNMP for good measure and ta-da! Problem solved!
    ' "But the salesman said . . ." The salesman's an asshole!'
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

I'm just an ex-tech lurking around and spreading disinformation!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

The people who implemented WSD and the "Class" drivers should be skinned alive and boiled in their own excrement!!!

With Windows 10, you'd think it would be more "savvy" to go and grab the SPECIFIC print driver for the machine type with accessories!....HELL, even a Ubuntu Linux and Mac OS X does a better job of fetching the correct print driver!

REACH FOR THE STARS!!!
    Konica Minolta Planetariums!
    https://www.konicaminolta.com/planet...gma/index.html

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Bbb View Post
    Hello,
    It takes about 4 minutes to print 3x A3 pages, singel sided, color, PDF format.
    From another bundel it took 2 ours for 20 A4 pages, color!
    This problem also occured at the very begin, when the printer was installed, then i fixed it with something i can't remeber (yes, really)...
    They replaced the server and the problem is back...
    Can anybody give us any hints?
    Thanks!
    Greetings,
    Mark
    We were having this exact issue on a Ricoh MP C4503 with Word file (with Pics) and PDF's after much testing we just found the issue.

Go to web Image Monitor
    Configuration
    Interface settings
    change ethernet speed from 100Mbs full duplex to Auto Select: Enable 1Gbps

Before a Word Doc of 8.7mb was taking a minute or more to spool, after it took about 15 seconds and no pausing at the machine.

Hope this helps

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by genco View Post
    We were having this exact issue on a Ricoh MP C4503 with Word file (with Pics) and PDF's after much testing we just found the issue.

Go to web Image Monitor
    Configuration
    Interface settings
    change ethernet speed from 100Mbs full duplex to Auto Select: Enable 1Gbps

Before a Word Doc of 8.7mb was taking a minute or more to spool, after it took about 15 seconds and no pausing at the machine.

Hope this helps
    what if they dont have a gigbit network?

How'd ya manage that? 1,000+ Posts

Phil, seen slow network response for both print and scan on Ricoh products due to the gigabit being off, even where the network is 100BaseT. I suspect some compatibility or negotiation issue on some networks.

I enable gigabit Ethernet on all my installs. It will auto select anyhow since you can't force gigabit only.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zed255 View Post
    Phil, seen slow network response for both print and scan on Ricoh products due to the gigabit being off, even where the network is 100BaseT. I suspect some compatibility or negotiation issue on some networks.

I enable gigabit Ethernet on all my installs. It will auto select anyhow since you can't force gigabit only.
    Ok.. well I'm use to in house gig networks ( last 3 years as company it) the PCs I worked with wouldn't work proper w/o GB cards installed...good info thanks... took past 5 months off after being F**k'd by ex boss.. still in litigation for my likeness STILL being displayed w/ creds.. after MULTIPLE requests/demands for removing from website and fakebook.
    Also found out of his multiple requests to buy parts/warranty claims under my Technician # after I notified the maker... all have been removed.. he is in trouble for the attempts, failure to notify manufacturers and vendors ( I did that the day I left pdf slow printing - ricoh mpc3002 )

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk