Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    MPC4503 DF3080 overdriving.

Hi Again,
    We have a MP C4503 with the single pass DF 3080 that appears to be over driving the original. The original goes through but it has a distinct crease (from front to rear) in it from having a a too large a buckle jammed into it.
    All the buckle settings are at zero and increasing or decreasing them has no affect. The paper path is clear with no obstructions. What am I overlooking?
    At least 50% of IT is a solution looking for a problem.

grumpy old git 500+ Posts banginbishop's Avatar

Re: MPC4503 DF3080 overdriving.

I'd start with printing a non default to see if any things been changed. Check it's got the right firmware - I did load the wrong fw on a machine once. It accepted it without question but stretched the copy! Sounds like a timing issue e.g thinking it could be a different size original to what's on it. Have you tried it in output mode for testing in a run? I find sometimes it's runs different to a normal actual copy? Shouldn't do but does. Also I'd start looking at sensors in input mode as well for a lazy sensor.

copierman 250+ Posts

Also check that the white reflection plate has the 2 spacers attached to it. They push the reference plate on the adf up slightly. If these are missing it will either give occasional jams or what you are experiencing.
    Networking skills are advantageous but use of a 3m vacuum cleaner is essential

Problem resolved.........technician induced error!

If you are a technician with limited analytical problem solving skills and tend to fix copiers by shot gunning parts at them............AT LEAST PUT THE RIGHT F@#KING PART IN!!!!!!!!

The idiot thought the problem was the main drive motor so he replaced it...... but with the wrong one. Very similar in looks but runs at a slightly higher speed hence the creases caused by over-driving the original.
    At least 50% of IT is a solution looking for a problem.

Kind of like how I had to work on a "newsed" Savin/Ricoh color machine at a hotel (not under contract with us, mind you!). Touch panel overlay didn't work....come to find out, touch panel was too big by about 3mm and didn't fit within the registration pins! DOH!...whatever service company had serviced it before us, had put the wrong touch panel in! Replaced and recalibrated...worked just fine!

REACH FOR THE STARS!!!
    Konica Minolta Planetariums!
    https://www.konicaminolta.com/planet...gma/index.html