Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Wink Ricoh copier scan to folder path test successful but scan transmission failed guide

Hi,

Has anyone encounter when they try to scan to folder to a server using a Ricoh machine and it says transmission failed. but when they test the folder path it says successful. I have encountered these and I would like to share with you guys.

Server: 2012
    brand : ricoh copier.
    Scan: scan to folder

you just have to update the firmware of your machine to solve the problem.

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar

Re: Ricoh copier scan to folder path test successful but scan transmission failed gui

It's been covered a lot but thanks for posting. If you can't get your hands on firmware, backstepping the server's version of SMB to v2 also works.
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: Ricoh copier scan to folder path test successful but scan transmission failed gui

Can you browse to the folder location on the file server from the MFP?....sometimes I've had it where if I browse the path from the MFP and finalize it at the MFP, it will then work...this has been a rare situation for me though!

PS--...more than likely it is a scan to folder NCS firmware that needs to be updated!
    REACH FOR THE STARS!!!
    Konica Minolta Planetariums!
    https://www.konicaminolta.com/planet...gma/index.html

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Look in the "system log" at the bottom (latest ) entry.
    (right after a scan). It will list the latest error. My guess is you will see "failed to write file". This the error you get when WIN 8 serve 2K12 needs a firmware update.

You need update Firmware,especially NCS module

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Ricoh copier scan to folder path test successful but scan transmission failed guide

Quote Originally Posted by logrady2331 View Post
    (right after a scan). It will list the latest error. My guess is you will see "failed to write file". This the error you get when WIN 8 serve 2K12 needs a firmware update.
    Interesting, and timely.....I was contacted by a colleague today to help him get a scanner re-connected on an MP C3500 today after a Win 10 update.
    I installed the latest custom NIB firmware I have to resolve the Scanning issues in Win 8 & 10 (B2215605L-LRC0355), which has always worked.
    I couldn't get it resolved and had to go with Filezilla FTP instead. The error above is the exact message I was seeing in the system log, And like the poster, I was able to manually browse to the folder from the control panel, but the scan fails.
    I returned to my shop later, and tried to connect my own laptop to a C3500 I still have around for testing and parts. I was unable to get it going either, and I know that it worked with my system just a few months ago.
    I know, I know, it's ancient! I'm just more curious than anything as to what the cause might be
    I tried a couple of other older machines (but newer than the C3500) just to see if they were affected - an MP C2800 and MP201 and they were still working properly.
    So the question is: Has there been some sort of Windows update that has changed the SMB protocol again causing this issue in the really old models?

(I'm curious to know the model that the poster is referring to - interesting that he didn't think it was relevant)

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts rthonpm's Avatar

Both Windows 8 and Windows 10 are using SMB 3, which hasn't been implemented into Samba. There are a few new encryption features built into SMB 3.1.1, but unless you're connecting with another Windows 10 or Server 2016 system you don't have access to them.

Have the MFP's been configured to only use SMB2, or to use a higher level of NTLM?

From everything in this thread, I'm still thinking there's a permissions issue. Windows recognises both share permissions and NTFS permissions on a directory. It's possible that while a directory is shared to a user account, the NTFS permission on the directory is wrong.

Just throwing out everything I can think of in terms of SMB here.

Sent from my BlackBerry using the Android app.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Ricoh copier scan to folder path test successful but scan transmission failed guide

Quote Originally Posted by logrady2331 View Post
    I have also seen this when the folder is a "Read Only" folder for any user except the owner. Even users with administrator rights are not able to write to the folder.