Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: mpc2050 jams at regi. sens. log -17

Quote Originally Posted by TonerMunkeh View Post
    So after blatantly disputing the fact this machine even has spring clutches you are rude enough to say people are giving you duff advice? Really.
    Yeh, really!

So guy's, thank you all! I have opened the machine, tray 2 is no problem, but tray 1 seems to be really hard to remove the paper feed unit ...
    May I ask you how (im)possible it is to remove and re-install the paper feed motor ass'y off tray 1?
    Thank you in advance for your answer ...
    Greetings,
    Mark

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    mpc2050 jams at regi. sens. log -17

Paper feed motors remove from the back of the machine.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Bbb View Post
    Hoi,
    It Happen sometimes, always just before the regi. roll's without creases.
    The attachment of an earlier thread says the 2 one way bushings of the paper feed can cause these jams.
    There is not a regi clutch present, it is motor-feeding, so it has to be the one way roller gears?
    It seems it only jams with tray 1, not tray 2...
    so the only way is the one way ?
    Greetings,
    Mark
    It's been awhile since I worked on these, but if I remember rightly, the user is required to lock down the lift-plate when loading paper in the tray. If this is done too forcefully, it can cause the right hand slider rail for the tray to deform, causing the feed roller to rub against the paper guide and cause jams. A symptom on testing is a sort of groaning noise just before a jam.
    Last edited by mohan; 05-30-2016 at 10:10 PM. Reason: testing

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mohan View Post
    It's been awhile since I worked on these, but if I remember rightly, the user is required to lock down the lift-plate when loading paper in the tray. If this is done too forcefully, it can cause the right hand slider rail for the tray to deform, causing the feed roller to rub against the paper guide and cause jams. A symptom on testing is a sort of groaning noise just before a jam.
    PS. A good way to confirm whether this is indeed the cause is to place your hand on the front RH side of the tray and slightly push it upwards when the groaning sound starts.

Hello, dear fellows.

I'd like to add advice from my years of experience repairing the MPC2050s. The clutches for A4 trays are usually changed while reconditionning machines.
    At users' places all you need to prevent mysterious jams from A4 trays is to check wether the end fence is pressed on the paper stack. You just have to loosen it, letting 1 or 2 mm from the paper stack.

I've spent months and months changing the clutches at customers' offices, it's a quite long work and often useless. The simple fact of checking if the end fence is in the correct position solves at least 90% of the jams.

If jams still occur, check if the tray lock mechanism is not broken. If so, change the tray.

(I'm french, sorry if I turn my sentences in a weird way).

Quote Originally Posted by mohan View Post
    Mohan, I replaced the paper tray ass'y, and indeed, it fixed the problem! Thank you sir, and have a nice day further on.