Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Technician

Re: MPC305 striped image

Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post
    Just one screw in the top left corner just above the black toner
    Thanks. I have now managed to clean the glass. It was some dirt on it and the prints got a little better after this procedure.
    However, It still seems to print a grid across images. I printed the Blackcat's test A4 and got these results:
    (I was not smart enough to scan those, sorry for the quality):

IMG_20160531_204124.jpg

Untitled-1.jpg

If you look closely, 15% Cyan and 15% K gets a faded "grid" all over, as well as the color schemes on the last row get smashed. M and Y is all right.

Any ideas?

Best regards
    Last edited by ulflun; 05-31-2016 at 08:46 PM.

Technician

So, since the 15% C / 15% K gets a faded grid,
    slide_9.jpg

the printer has two laser unit, and one is for these two C/K then might be failing? (picture)

I got tipped to swap places between the two laser units to see if its the unit failing, I will be trying this any time soon.

Any other Ideas? Can I clean somewhere else?
    Last edited by ulflun; 06-01-2016 at 03:21 PM.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Counsel's Avatar

If there is no grid on the magenta yellow pages i would agree your black/cyan LD unit could be failing. The ribbon cable could also be damaged, both of the Optical writing units (laser unit) are the same part number you could probably swap the two around and run your color test again if the problem switches to yellow/mag and not black/cyan then your probably need a new unit, if the problem does not change i would check the ribbon cable for damage. Beyond testing this first there isn't really anything you can clean to resolve the problem.

The laser unit is part number D1171860

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    MPC305 striped image

A grid pattern such as this is almost always a board problem. Could be IPU or BICU. The pattern is some thing that is loaded in memory. The other possibility is that you are making copies in service mode copy window though that is usually a black grid. When black it is one of the test patterns. As white I would say that the test pattern is being subtracted from the image.

Technician

I think its a problem from image "creation" So , clean the itb ( image transfer belt , take the belt and cleaning unit out , compress air on rest of it ) but most likely is the pcdu ( the developer unit , developer might need to be replace on colors with problem) u might find toner builds between the drum and developer unit , clean that and give it a try .
    Good luck .