Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Tweak it till it breaks! 100+ Posts zames77's Avatar

Question Pro 8100 C7100 C9100 LCIT5100 Problems

Hi Guys,

Been having issues with the pulleys on these trays snapping causing SC50#. Normally the longer pulley at the rear snaps but I have had the short pulley go as well, front and back. For some reason the Banner Tray seems to go the most but again, not limited to just the Banner Tray. We're told (in my location anyway) that we're the only people having this issue, which we've heard many times before (6501 dropping toner... anyone?)

Curious if others are having the same issue and what they've tried. I'm currently adding a dab of super glue to the ball at the end of the pulley to make sure it doesn't slip out of the shaft housing.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts Rorschach's Avatar

Re: Pro 8100 C7100 C9100 LCIT5100 Problems

Take a look at the sensor feeler (D7772752) that passes through the photointerruptors on the left side of the tray as it lifts/lowers, as well as the sensors themselves. I had one on a C9110 last spring that was bent, and popped the sensors out of position. This caused the machine to not know where the tray was, and keep trying to lift it even as it had reached the upper limit. Wound up breaking the wires and bending the hell out of the frame where the post for one of the pulleys is mounted.

If your wires keep snapping, then most likely the lift motor is continuing to try to drive the lift even as the tray is at it's upper limit.

When the vacuum feed banner tray was installed, did you make sure to change the mount for the sensor? That may cause this issue as well.
    Today's subliminal quote is:

Tweak it till it breaks! 100+ Posts zames77's Avatar

I've seen the sensor feeler bend out of position as well, but it's not that.

The last time it happened the customer had run the last sheet out of the tray, as it descended they heard a weird noise, pulled the tray out and found the cable hanging out the back. Where the ball joint sits in the pocket, there seems to be an inch or so of the cable that feeds through the pocket, as there's a distinct kink in the cable an inch along from the end.

The sensor bracket for the banner feeders are swapped as per installation guide.

In our location this fault is quite prevelant, mostly on the 9100's. We have 7 in our location and each one has had the same issue more than once.

AutoMajical Resolutionist 2,500+ Posts
    Pro 8100 C7100 C9100 LCIT5100 Problems

Don't have any 91's or 71's yet (sales Issues) but I do see 51's and 81's. The only time I've seen the height sensors broken were related to the operator. I have had issues with the paper present sensor in tray 1 RH side even after the updates.........

Thanks for the info!!!!!!!
    Mystic Crystal Revelations