Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

mpc2050 jams before registr.rollers

Hi,
    It is solved by replacing the tray. At the old tray i can not actually see a problem or a damage...
    Do you know which part exactly is causing the jamming problem?
    Thank you for your answer.
    Greetings,
    Mark

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: mpc2050 jams before registr.rollers

Probably a silly question, but did you change the feed tire on the old tray? I know they can sometimes get worn a bit and not grip the paper as well as they should. This causes some slippage and while the paper does feed, it is late getting to the registration area.

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

If I understand your request correctly, there are two possible reasons for this that I have seen.
    The most likely reason is that the linking arm on the bottom side of the tray that is connected to the left hand paper guide in the tray has problems. That arm contacts push switches in the back of the tray cavity that tell the machine what size of paper is in the tray, and if it is indicating the wrong size of paper the machine will usually show jams in that area.
    Still, the wrong size of paper should be shown in the display if this is the case, so I might be wrong.
    Somewhat less likely is that the latch that holds the tray in was broken by impatient people. That's actually more likely to be a problem you will encounter with this machine, but I'm not sure how much it has to do with the issue you are currently dealing with.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Counsel's Avatar

The only thing changing trays fixes is the guide mechanism, the placement of the side to side or rear guide, and weather it hits the push switch in the back and the front latching mechanism. So if switches trays fixes the problem its got to be something like that. The feed rollers and other culprits would not be fixed by swapping the tray out so i would start there.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Counsel's Avatar

Side note it looks like you posted this question once already and resolved it with spring clutch replacement, if this the same machine as the other thread then this thread is already solved.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Counsel View Post
    Side note it looks like you posted this question once already and resolved it with spring clutch replacement, if this the same machine as the other thread then this thread is already solved.
    I have not yet replaced the spring clutches while someone of us has replied that it could be the tray itself... So i started with the easy way, and it turned out to be the tray!