Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

How to Clear this massage on Ricoh MPC

Hi all,

We just collect a trade-in unit Ricoh MP C5501a, all functions working well but screen show a massage as the attachment.
    How to clear it off. thank.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Senior Tech 100+ Posts francisco's Avatar

Re: How to Clear this massage on Ricoh MPC

hi
    i think is the ps option card
    you can take it off if you dont need ps

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

LOL!....looks like somebody at the MFP warehouse swiped an option card from another MFP that the card was "registered" to...probably a PostScript card!...if it is a PS card, you'll need to contact the supplier and tell them what I just told you....that you got a part (PS Option Card) that was swiped from another machine!...and you need one that is NEW and hasn't been installed on another machine! You can take the card out and give the part number to the people you got the machine from so they can get you a replacement!...when you take the card out, the message should disappear.

This is the very reason that I hate Ricoh!....they see PostScript as an "option" and make people pay mucho dinero to get it!...totally stupid! I'd rather buy a machine (Kyocera) that has PostScript installed already! It's almost as if Ricoh "half-asses" their system and doesn't put any more into it than the have to!...this is also evidenced by various aspects of their mechanical design....I could go on, but I won't....Lipstick on a Pig!

REACH FOR THE STARS!!!
    Konica Minolta Planetariums!
    https://www.konicaminolta.com/planet...gma/index.html

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by qbert69 View Post
    This is the very reason that I hate Ricoh!....they see PostScript as an "option" and make people pay mucho dinero to get it!...totally stupid! I'd rather buy a machine (Kyocera) that has PostScript installed already! It's almost as if Ricoh "half-asses" their system and doesn't put any more into it than the have to!...this is also evidenced by various aspects of their mechanical design....I could go on, but I won't....Lipstick on a Pig!

Get your facts straight, Adobe charges a licensing fee for PostScript. It is that fee that Ricoh passes on. Would you rather they install it as standard and raised the price of the machine even if you do not need PostScript? As for the various PostScript emulations that are available, they do not always work properly and tend to fail on a critical, to the customer, document.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts redneckstylin's Avatar

take the postscript card out plug into computer open each folder delete the crypto files and zzyxx files i think its called than slap it back in machine postscript will work

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Get your facts straight, Adobe charges a licensing fee for PostScript. It is that fee that Ricoh passes on. Would you rather they install it as standard and raised the price of the machine even if you do not need PostScript? As for the various PostScript emulations that are available, they do not always work properly and tend to fail on a critical, to the customer, document.
    According to this information:

HP Support document - HP Support Center

HP successfully implemented a postscript type emulation.....and how many reasonably priced printers did they sell with this type of emulation on them???--How many HP LaserJet printers were installed to function with *nix mainframes??? I know when I went to higher education, the institution was running a HP Mainframe with Unix OS and networked terminals in every dorm room!...and we could print to local networked printers!

Inquiring minds want to know!

PS--please check the syntax of the last sentence in the paragraph you wrote above!...it needs some clarification!
    REACH FOR THE STARS!!!

Retired 10,000+ Posts

According to this information:

HP Support document - HP Support Center

HP successfully implemented a postscript type emulation.....and how many reasonably priced printers did they sell with this type of emulation on them???--How many HP LaserJet printers were installed to function with *nix mainframes??? I know when I went to higher education, the institution was running a HP Mainframe with Unix OS and networked terminals in every dorm room!...and we could print to local networked printers!

Inquiring minds want to know!

PS--please check the syntax of the last sentence in the paragraph you wrote above!...it needs some clarification!
    They implemented it, but not perfected it. Their machines function but do not provide 100% compatibility with PostScript. Numerous MFP manufacturers have made the HP implementation available as an option but still provide PostScript for those customers requiring full PostScript compliance.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Take out the PS 3 SD Card than the Massage gone. did try to delete 4 files from the PS 3 SD Card and reinstall back and no more showing the massage too.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by redneckstylin View Post
    take the postscript card out plug into computer open each folder delete the crypto files and zzyxx files i think its called than slap it back in machine postscript will work
    I have a general understanding of what you're talking about here, but to be precise, can you specify exactly which files need to be deleted to make the card viable???--do the files have an extension such as .txt, .rtf, .bin or such???

REACH FOR THE STARS!!!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts francisco's Avatar

I have a general understanding of what you're talking about here, but to be precise, can you specify exactly which files need to be deleted to make the card viable???--do the files have an extension such as .txt, .rtf, .bin or such???

there are 3 (GPS,gwinit.d,module)
    Gps is empty
    open gwinit.d delete all datacrypto files(3) and zoffyx files(3)
    open module and delete datacrypto files(3)and zoffyx files(3)