Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Unhappy "Please wait" message

In ricoh aficio 2075, (with printer/scanner but not connected in network) after switching ON, one copy job with any number of copies gets completed, after that "Please wait-copying will start after warmup" continues till I switch off the machine. I upgraded engine firmware, HDD formatted, Memory clear all executed, swapped BICU,full controller board with IPU, HDD, Power supply. Still pbm exists. What can be the cause?

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts
    "Please wait" message

Fuser thermistors is all I can think of. They connect to the BCU and you've replaced that.

You never realize how cheap a professional is until after you let an amateur do it.
    A+; Network +; PDI+

School District Tech 500+ Posts schooltech's Avatar
    The only other oddball thing I've seen that caused the previous version 1075 boxes to not do this was to turn off the corona cleaner mechanism. Change the setting to where it does not clean and see what happens.

I don't think it was a TSB, but definitely a weird one, and one of the techs in the field tried this on machines saying the same thing and it fixed it.

I would look at the thermistors too-is the machine throwing a service code?
    Bachelor of Science in Information Technology, Comptia A+, Comptia Network+

Senior Tech 250+ Posts tjvincent's Avatar
    Try running auto drum current adjust in SP

Service Manager 250+ Posts FRIDGEMAGNET's Avatar
    Hi
    This is usually caused by the potential sensor.
    The machine does a mini process control on switch on and then a full process control after the 1st copy run.
    After you see the problem check Vd - should be about -800v and check Vh - should be about -300v.
    If they are way out then the potential sensor may not be measuring the drum charge correctly.
    Depending on the mileage of the copier I have had problems with the PCU warping or the connectors going faulty - usually around 2-3 million copies, this also causes potential errors.

dranoel
    Try to off your auto process and see what will happen (3901-1),and also try to check your ac drive board.

School District Tech 500+ Posts schooltech's Avatar
    I'm wondering what types of SC codes is showing up. With the pot. sensor, he should be getting low 300 codes stored. That will at least tell him that the sensor is getting flaky.

Compared to the 15.00 for the ID sensor, those pot. sensors are close to 100.00.
    Bachelor of Science in Information Technology, Comptia A+, Comptia Network+