Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Technician

Re: Scan to Folder Problem after MS Update

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    One thing I encountered last week after this thread was started had to do with domain name.
    Hey there

Faced that one as well the last few days and found almost the same as you. Tomorrow when i`m back at work i paste the infomations in.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by mbolduc View Post
    Making a registry change on a customers PC is pretty intrusive.
    Well yes it is but let me tell you this. I work as ICTS Remote Supporter and i`m in in touch any days with average Customers that have different problems. Most of them don`t really give a damn about what you do as long they can Work again.

And Yes Telnet sound like reasonable and better solution but they want a solution and they want it now. A registry key was in those cases a clean fast and easy solution. And really They don`t care what you do.

You know what i do when i got a Customer complaining about Scan to Mail not working? I put in a SMTP Server from a Subaccount i have somewhere. I ask them first if that is ok with them and in 99.9% of the Cases the answer is that i should do whatever is needed to get this stuff up and running again. They don`t care if it`s a SMTP Server of someone else as long as it`s working. I got 3rd party IT Peoples that i have to deal with that let me join a Customers Network to fix something and then ask after 5 Minutes if it`s ok for me if they go and have a smoke while i`m fixing the Problem. Then i say Yes and they leave to have a smoke while i could do whatever i would like to do on the server and the PC of the IT Guy.

Small Companies, at least here where i am, much of the Time they don`t even have a IT. Not even a Person that has some experience when it comes to networking and stuff like that. Even if they have IT Peoples so much Times they seem to not have a Clue what they talking about. Scan to Folder or Scan to Mail Problems for example. Rare that a IT Guy goes and checks if the DNS is right or not for example. I got so called System Engineers on the Phone that tell me that they checked if a folder was shared and the Access Rights where set and i go and check and it`s nothing done.

That asking Google could be a good thing is something that 90% of the Peoples i have to deal with are not aware off.

So yes, You`re absolutely right. No one that has a little Clue about PC`s would let a IT Guy of a Product Support execute some registry Files on his Client/Server. But they don`t even know what the registry is in most of the Cases . You know in any Job you have to know how the machines that you use for work any day. Except for the PC.

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar

This is becoming quite an issue in general.

I just had the same issue with Equitrac, as even its scanning function uses SMB to communicate the scan from the MFP back to the DCE engine.

There is a KB article on Nuance's site about this.

I would think this will become more of an issue as we go.

Keep in mind that although the MS update came out on June 14, it may be a while before we see its full effect, as many customers don't necessarily update just as soon as a patch is available - some of them want to test before installing on a bunch of workstations and servers.
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

Technician

Hi Guys

Here a few results and Explanations i tested last week

Hope this helps someone out that has to make some test`s and find solutions
    Attached Files Attached Files

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by KenB View Post
    This is becoming quite an issue in general.

I just had the same issue with Equitrac, as even its scanning function uses SMB to communicate the scan from the MFP back to the DCE engine.
    Yes i can confirm that as well.

I also think that this will make us trouble in the Future because as you said peoples tend to make updates later.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by KenB View Post
    There is a KB article on Nuance's site about this.
    can you drop me over the Link. Because i also got to take care of some major Clients that work with Equitrac. So just in case one them pops up with this issue i`m prepared.

I thank you in advance

Quote Originally Posted by PillePalle View Post
    can you drop me over the Link. Because i also got to take care of some major Clients that work with Equitrac. So just in case one them pops up with this issue i`m prepared.

I thank you in advance
    Here it is:

https://nuanceimaging.custhelp.com/a...VEtWbXh3Vm0%3D
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

Technician

Hi Guys

Got another Document i made where all the Informations are inside. The Key that has to be changed as well as the Domain Name Issue

Scan 2 Folder funktioniert nicht nach MS Update v.1.0.pdf

Don`t get confused by the Title i simply forgot to change the Title to English. Anything inside in English.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts rthonpm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brianneoe View Post
    Hi All,

Workaround
    To avoid this issue, please conduct the following workaround:

- Change the priority port for the SMB client to TCP 445 (Direct Hosting/CIFS) by using telnet.

Change the priority port procedure of the SMB client:
    1) Connect to the target device by using telnet from the command prompt and log in as the administrator.
    2) Enter the following command:
    >smb client port 445

RICOH Maintenance Shell.
    User access verification.
    login: ***** (enter the Administrator login name)
    Password: (enter the password)
    User access verification ... OK.
    RICOH ********
    Network Control Service Ver. 12.78
    Copyright (C) 1994-2016 Ricoh Co.,Ltd. All rights reserved.
    msh>smb client port 445
    msh> smb
    Workgroup Name : WORKGROUP
    Computer Name :
    Comment :
    Notification : Off
    Protocol : IPv4
    Client Port : 445
    Client Auth Level : 0
    Client WSD Browse : Off
    Client Write Mode : Async
    msh> logout
    Logout Maintenance Shell.
    Do you save configuration data? (yes/no/return) > yes
    Yes.
    Now, Save data.
    Or
    Long-term this really is the solution for this issue. WINS has been a dying protocol ever since DNS came on the scene, and Microsoft has even deprecated the feature in Server 2012, while it's still available there's no guarantee as to how long it will be supported.

OK, here's a new wrinkle...

The telnet session displays IP v4. What if the customer is running IP v6?

Or is that a non-issue?

I just had that question come up today.