Rkoji

Question MP6002/7502 too many Fusing SC

Too many fusing SC are coming up and the machines stop. I have to visit the sites and cancel the SC each time the SC showing up. Is there any way to decrease the number of SC?

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar

Re: MP6002/7502 too many Fusing SC

What SC's are you getting?
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

How'd ya manage that? 1,000+ Posts

I've reduced my fuser SC calls with careful positioning of the thermisters (and generally new thermisters while I'm at it) so that the actual chip is right over the heat roller. I find on many occasions the position is off which allows too much delay in reading temperature, or a small build-up makes marginal positioning fail. I'm the only guy in our branch taking the time to do this and I get the fewest of these issues, so I believe it is fairly effective.

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar

Setting 1103-003 to 240 is a massive help too.
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    MP6002/7502 too many Fusing SC

Clean the thermistors every time you go near the copier and replace them at every PM, 300k to 350k.

I have three large law firms in town with 25 Martini copiers between them. Every month I go around them all checking to see which is due for a PM or any other remedial work. Part of my routine is to clean the the thermistors and have dropped the fuser SC's from 8+ a month to one or less.

Another trick is to fit a new hot roller drive gear every time you change the hot roller. A bit of analysis of call backs showed that around 20% of gears failed within 50k of the roller being changed.
    At least 50% of IT is a solution looking for a problem.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    MP6002/7502 too many Fusing SC

Quote Originally Posted by TonerMunkeh View Post
    Setting 1103-003 to 240 is a massive help too.
    Does this effect the run time any? I remember one of the earlier US Sc555 bulletins adjusting various Fuser SP's that would make the copier go thru a "Please Wait" idle cycle for about a minute or 2 after running the 1st job before you could run the next job. That's why I quit using it & went with the TESSA fix I found here instead.

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

You would be better served keeping track of all of the other suggestions here.
    Still, unexpected fuser errors can be caused by unreliable power from the outlet the machines you are dealing with are plugged into. You might think about that being the case if you can reset the errors rather than replace thermistors and such. It is that time of year here in the northern hemisphere after all.
    There really isn't a whole lot to be done about that either. Under ideal conditions, a UPS would take care of that, but machines that use thermal fusing typically draw too much current for UPS use, and I have also been led to believe that those types of machines require a direct connection to safety ground to work properly as well and a UPS isolates all leads in from the outlet. A good line conditioner would probably reduce the occurrence of the errors, but it won't eliminate them altogether.
    Well, good luck, and sorry if this was a waste of time.

Rkoji

Quote Originally Posted by TonerMunkeh View Post
    What SC's are you getting?
    Mostly SC542, sometime SC555

Besides the very good suggestions from other techs to your post, you may want to check out the following 2 Technical Bulletins that specifically relate to the SC555 and SC542 errors.
    Attached Files Attached Files

To avoid this....we put some extra silicone oil in cleaning webs....seems to be Ricoh iīts saving money putting less silicone oil in their rolls, thatīs why the hot roller works too dry.....when we receive new ones, we open the bags with a cutter and at this time....we add the silicone oil, and letīs the bag closed, waiting for the time we need that part.