Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

light copy in Mp450055

Dear all,

I have mp4500 having light copying issue although printing is ok
    I replace drum developer, service scanner but issue not resolved.
    I clear memory but issue remains.
    Is there any adjustment of scanner or any other solution.

If copying a paper written by pencil. Copy is very light.

Kindly help me

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Re: light copy in Mp450055

Quote Originally Posted by mdfurqan2012 View Post
    Dear all,

Kindly help me
    Copying pencil writing will always be light due to the reflective nature of the graphite in pencil lead.
    This is going way back, but many years ago we found that transparent yellow cellophane would enhance originals with pencil writing on them. You lay the cellophane on the platen glass, then put your original on top of that, close the platen cover (ADFs weren't available for the machines I worked on back in those days), and made the copies then.
    Something that might be important to consider: if printing is OK but copying produces print defects, replacing the drum, developer, PCU and other components or adjustments of the print engine will be unproductive. Focus on the scanner.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Iowatech View Post
    Copying pencil writing will always be light due to the reflective nature of the graphite in pencil lead.
    This is going way back, but many years ago we found that transparent yellow cellophane would enhance originals with pencil writing on them. You lay the cellophane on the platen glass, then put your original on top of that, close the platen cover (ADFs weren't available for the machines I worked on back in those days), and made the copies then.
    Something that might be important to consider: if printing is OK but copying produces print defects, replacing the drum, developer, PCU and other components or adjustments of the print engine will be unproductive. Focus on the scanner.
    Is there any adjustment of sbu pr scanner for improving copy quality

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    light copy in Mp450055

You'll be riding a very fine line. Just a little bit too dark and you've got background on the page. Just a little bit too light and you get the "light copies" call. Once you start down this road, you will forever be lightening and darkening exposure adjustments.

I had a tax accountant with this perception problem. On one call copies were both too light and too dark at the same time. My advice is: Don't start down this road. Show them the little exposure adjuster buttons. Say something like: "If you want it darker press here. If you want it lighter press here. Enjoy!" =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Counsel's Avatar

Your best bet is to print something like a counter sheet or SMC from the machine, make a copy of that printed page if that copy looks pretty darn close to the original in quality then the machine is fine, if its light then you may want to clean your laser shield, pull the platen off and clean the scanner mirrors and lamp with a dust cloth. Then make another test copy of your printed page as long as that is pretty close to the original then your machine is fine. If the customer wants to write in pencil and make copies they will have to use the small adjuster on the panel to darken it up but pencil does not copy well and they just have to understand that.

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iowatech View Post
    <thanks click>

Re : Very light originals and/or type font density.
    I've never tried yellow cellophane to lift light font density, I must give it a try.

Hint:
    For those customers doing a lot of copying off carbon blue or copying off light GSM paper,
    I tell those customers to copy off the platen glass with a black folder/binder cover on top of their light original. I sometimes use a totally black a sky shot backing ,and show the customer they can lift the copy density of the light orginal without making any exposure adjustments.
    I instruct them to keep the skyshot or black folder/binder cover handy for light print nearby the copy machine.

I use a black backing cover all the time to boost Cash register receipt density for tax time archive and storage. A black backing cover works quite well...
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Counsel View Post
    Your best bet is to print something like a counter sheet or SMC from the machine, make a copy of that printed page if that copy looks pretty darn close to the original in quality then the machine is fine, if its light then you may want to clean your laser shield, pull the platen off and clean the scanner mirrors and lamp with a dust cloth. Then make another test copy of your printed page as long as that is pretty close to the original then your machine is fine. If the customer wants to write in pencil and make copies they will have to use the small adjuster on the panel to darken it up but pencil does not copy well and they just have to understand that.
    I check that like you told I print a counter and then make copy of that counter which is lighter than original. I already clean mirrors on scanner but same lighter copies so that's why I am asking is there any adjustment of sbu or scanner because when we print counter or smc that quality is fine but copy of that counter or smc is light.
    So please guide me to resolve that problem.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    light copy in Mp450055

Quote Originally Posted by mdfurqan2012 View Post
    Dear all,

Kindly help me
    Are you using OEM parts and supplies?

When you changed developer did you : vacuum out all the toner from the drum unit, make sure the mag roller was bright and shiny, block off the dev unit toner intake port when you ran sp 2801 ?

After you did clear memory, did you re-enter all the values from the birth certificate? Did you clear memory after you changed the developer? If you did then you just wiped out the settings that were made when you set up the developer.
    Totoro

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by totoro View Post
    Are you using OEM parts and supplies?

When you changed developer did you : vacuum out all the toner from the drum unit, make sure the mag roller was bright and shiny, block off the dev unit toner intake port when you ran sp 2801 ?

After you did clear memory, did you re-enter all the values from the birth certificate? Did you clear memory after you changed the developer? If you did then you just wiped out the settings that were made when you set up the developer.
    I use oem parts and as I told that printing quality when using as printer is ok but problem when copying.

How'd ya manage that? 1,000+ Posts

I've seen worn OPCs (drums) do exactly that - good prints, poor copies. Basically a FULL preventative maintenance should bring it back. Jacking with SP modes to try and stretch things is IMHO a bad way to go; you are just asking for repeat troubles and more down the road.