2404WDP- blurry images

We looked at a 2404WDP- printer only- machine that has blurry images. We have not been working on that
    machine besides helping move it for them. The original owners didn't use it for awhile I believe.

The letters appear blurry on the meter page print out and the configuration page. I attached a print sample that
    looks better. Seemed to get better the more pages that were printed. It does need a drum blade- has dash marks on
    prints plus looks like a bit of a repeating image.

Would cleaning the LED heads take care of the blurry image? I saw some threads on the Ricoh tech page for similar machines
    that mentioned that but the blurry area was always a lot smaller in those threads.

thanks.
    2404WDP print sample.pdf

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: 2404WDP- blurry images

Your write unit came out of its home position when it was moved. Remove the 2 upper side covers and then the orig.tray(2 screws) Detach the DF drive belt. There are 2 screws that hold the DF in place and when removed will allow you to pivot the whole DF unit in a up position, Be careful after you have it up because nothing is stopping it from falling back down. After you have the DF unit up you will be able to see the main charge unit and the top side of the write unit that is towards the operator side of the main charge unit. If you grab the write unit on both sides you should be able to pivot it back in place. On both ends of the write unit you should see a locking plate that holds the write unit in place. Techs that work on this machine will sometimes forget to lock the unit back in after they flip the write unit up for cleaning or when they remove the main charge unit.

Be very careful when you do anything in that area. The drum can be dinged by the main charge unit if its not removed with caution.

write unit- same thing as the LPH (LED PRINT HEAD)?

speaking of the drum, have you (or anyone) tried the aftermarket drums in the wide formats? We have 1 on order from Katun
    we are going to put in a rental machine. I see NA Trading has them too.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RandyW View Post
    write unit- same thing as the LPH (LED PRINT HEAD)?
    Waited a couple of days to see if anyone else responded to you and they did not so I will tell you I have used a couple of the aftermarket drums with no problems at all. As an independent I just got tired of Ricoh pricing. Good luck on yours.

speaking of the drum, have you (or anyone) tried the aftermarket drums in the wide formats? We have 1 on order from Katun
    we are going to put in a rental machine. I see NA Trading has them too.

Waited a couple of days to see if anyone else responded to you and they did not so I will tell you I have used a couple of the aftermarket drums with no problems at all. As an independent I just got tired of Ricoh pricing. Good luck on yours.