Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Retired 10,000+ Posts
    SC161-03 and SC188 on MP6001SP

Re: SC161-03 and SC188 on MP6001SP

Quote Originally Posted by sturmtrooper View Post
    The saga continues. Machine started throwing a code saying mechanical counter issue
    Mechanical counter issues normally have to do with the mechanical counter located behind the lower right inner cover below the development unit. You may have not reconnected it properly when your installed the Coin Op unit, as this is the area where you would be connecting the key counter leads for interfacing with the coin op.

Copier Combobulator 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Mechanical counter issues normally have to do with the mechanical counter located behind the lower right inner cover below the development unit. You may have not reconnected it properly when your installed the Coin Op unit, as this is the area where you would be connecting the key counter leads for interfacing with the coin op.
    The coin op was installed on this machine about a year ago. The connector for it is on the side by the LCT hookup point. I think the machine throwing the counter issues was just a symptom of a dying board because I put a different counter on it and it did not help. But after replacing the BCU (again) it now works.

Ok, so I've figured out that the SC161-03 issue was caused by the IPU being bad, replaced IPU board and it hasn't returned. The mechanical coutner issue was from a damaged BCU. I learned this when the support for the coin machine asked me to measure voltage across two wires coming from the copier to the coin box. This caused the machine to throw up a functional problem screen then give out the mechanical counter error SC code after reboot.

So for the record this machine has had two BCU's replaced and one IPU. Good god.

After talking to coin company support again I got in touch with someone who also has copier experience. His suggestion was that a firmware update may have caused the machine to stop playing nice with the coin box. Instead of sending 0v to the coin machine and then a 24v pulse on copy it's probably sending like 5v all the time and never getting to zero.

His suggestion was getting a Type A key counter interface board from ricoh. I'm going to try rolling back the firmware to about where the machine was when we first installed it before spending money on a board.

Changing firmware did nothing. Type A board should be here shortly. God I hate coin machines so much.

Well to finish this train wreck up I installed the type A key counter interface board and a new cable to the coin machine designed to fit said board and it works just fine now.

Damn coin machines.

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

Damn coin machines.
    Yep! they can take a lot of coins to keep them running.
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    SC161-03 and SC188 on MP6001SP

Damn coin machines.
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoMatrix View Post
    Yep! they can take a lot of coins to keep them running.
    any years ago in the days of estats, we had a lot of coin operated machines out. Of course they were Olivetti Coinfax (SP?) machines. Copia II and III modified at the factory for use as coin ops.