Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts

SP-C242sf SC-819

I have sporadically been getting these SC-819 codes on this machine, I have the service manual and know what it says about the controller board being defective and all but to fix these i have either just been powering off/on the machine, or going into engine maintenance and executing "init engine eeprom", and afterwords doing an ACC. Does anyone know why i might be getting these codes and the best way to handle them? I don't feel like powering off and on the machine is a permanent fix nor do i think that executing the eeprom is quite what it needs. Any suggestions are much appreciated, thanks!

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: SP-C242sf SC-819

have you updated firmware?

+1 FOR THE FIRMWARE.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

No I guess i haven't been doing any firmware updates on these guys

Alright thanks so much for the input, I will do these from now on! Thanks!

Copier Combobulator 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ABS tect View Post
    I have sporadically been getting these SC-819 codes on this machine, I have the service manual and know what it says about the controller board being defective and all but to fix these i have either just been powering off/on the machine, or going into engine maintenance and executing "init engine eeprom", and afterwords doing an ACC. Does anyone know why i might be getting these codes and the best way to handle them? I don't feel like powering off and on the machine is a permanent fix nor do i think that executing the eeprom is quite what it needs. Any suggestions are much appreciated, thanks!
    I did an engine eeprom clear on one of those and it trashed the total counter on it. When I get some time I'm going to update the firmware and see if that fixes it.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sturmtrooper View Post
    I did an engine eeprom clear on one of those and it trashed the total counter on it. When I get some time I'm going to update the firmware and see if that fixes it.
    Also I learned when you do an EEPROM clear it throws the color regisration out of whack...so make sure you perform a color registration on it afterwords.