Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts DRichard's Avatar

MP C3004 SP mode language selection?

For your consideration...I have a new, out-of-box MP C3004 that among other problems has Asian script in service mode screens which are other wise useless in that you cannot maneuver within service mode once initially in. How do you select English for SP screen on these new smart op panels? BTW, also has SC665-08 at power on, no mechanics (fans, motors) initialize, user tools screen is incomplete, no functions among other things. Have had a couple of dozen of this new series copier with no problems until now. Ironically, we ordered this particular copier to have on hand for upcoming training classes on this new series. I know it's FUBAR and I am going to reflash firmware but I do like a project when we slow down around here. Discuss among yourselves

Copier Combobulator 500+ Posts

Re: MP C3004 SP mode language selection?

Quote Originally Posted by DRichard View Post
    For your consideration...I have a new, out-of-box MP C3004 that among other problems has Asian script in service mode screens which are other wise useless in that you cannot maneuver within service mode once initially in. How do you select English for SP screen on these new smart op panels? BTW, also has SC665-08 at power on, no mechanics (fans, motors) initialize, user tools screen is incomplete, no functions among other things. Have had a couple of dozen of this new series copier with no problems until now. Ironically, we ordered this particular copier to have on hand for upcoming training classes on this new series. I know it's FUBAR and I am going to reflash firmware but I do like a project when we slow down around here. Discuss among yourselves
    If there are DIP switches on the BCU check their position. These are often used to determine region for the machine. Could be the BCU is toast out of the box as well.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Did you try calling Ricoh support at 1-800-53RICOH? If it is an out of box failure, they can escalate the request to your regional support who will come to your location and validate out of box failure. You will also have to submit a TSM request. You will need the reference number that the support line gave to submit request.

Copier Combobulator 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Did you try calling Ricoh support at 1-800-53RICOH? If it is an out of box failure, they can escalate the request to your regional support who will come to your location and validate out of box failure. You will also have to submit a TSM request. You will need the reference number that the support line gave to submit request.
    I can tell you from experience that if you accidentally dial 1800RICOH53 you will get a uh, different, kind of support.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sturmtrooper View Post
    I can tell you from experience that if you accidentally dial 1800RICOH53 you will get a uh, different, kind of support.
    I keep the correct number saved on my phone.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

DOA straight out of the box!!! Don't touch it, just pack it up and send it straight back. You might be able to claim parts back under warranty but you won't be compensated for your labor. So do yourself a favor and send it back to be some else's problem.
    At least 50% of IT is a solution looking for a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Calling Ricoh tech line is a last resort around here. We are going to order a controller and NVRAM. A new BICU is probably in the stars too. Why not, since Ricoh is footing the bill?

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Calling Ricoh tech line is a last resort around here. We are going to order a controller and NVRAM. A new BICU is probably in the stars too. Why not, since Ricoh is footing the bill?
    If you do not call the Ricoh tech line first, Ricoh might not foot the bill as it might be something the the tech line can walk you through doing without replacing anything.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Why not, since Ricoh is footing the bill?
    Because they won't pay for your labor and you now have a suspect machine that may have other hidden issues.
    After logging a job with Tech Support so there is a record I'm straight on to Ricoh's machine order department, tell them they've sent us a crook one and ask for a replacement and a GRA to send the dud one back. They usually apologise and have a replacement on the truck the same day. But there again we are the 272 kg gorilla.
    At least 50% of IT is a solution looking for a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Lagonda View Post
    Because they won't pay for your labor and you now have a suspect machine that may have other hidden issues.
    After logging a job with Tech Support so there is a record I'm straight on to Ricoh's machine order department, tell them they've sent us a crook one and ask for a replacement and a GRA to send the dud one back. They usually apologise and have a replacement on the truck the same day. But there again we are the 272 kg gorilla.
    No worries people. We've been in this business for over thirty years (i.e. not our first rodeo.) All will be done according to procedure. I just posted this as an interesting problem for all yall's consideration and as a service exercise. Most of the feedback is greatly appreciated.