Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Ricoh MPc4000 driver

Ricoh MPc4000 driver

I have 4 refurbished MPc4000 just installed and able to print too using the same driver downloaded from Ricoh's website. They are downloaded to their 2008 server and using Windows 8. All but one show features correctly. The one machine in question looks as though it has a generic driver and unable to see all the functions.I have tried several different drivers with the same results. Is there anything in the SP Mode causing this? PS. Firmware is updated to latest version on all machines! Thanks!

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts
    Ricoh MPc4000 driver

Re: Ricoh MPc4000 driver

Windows might have installed it as a web services device (WSD). Uninstall the printer and reinstall with the correct driver. If this is not the case, check the accessories tab on the printer properties and manually configure if it is not automatically updating.
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Also make sure snmp isn't disabled on the problem machine.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Ricoh MPc4000 driver

We installed it under a specific IP address so not to have it under a WSD. Under accessories IS one of the problems with the driver config. When you go to that tab it has three small boxes for example- finisher, LCT and Staple when it might have SR3020, 3hole, that don't show. That's why we cannot set it up properly. Should automatically up date but doesn't and can't manually because it doesn't give you the option. Just with this one machine out of the 4 installed exactly the same way. PS.... We even swapped machine locations to see if it was in the network.No change, problem followed this unit!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Does the config page show the accessory's in question?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Ricoh MPc4000 driver

I will have to check later, on another call now. Will keep you updated. Thanks for everyone's help so far!

shahrm2001

Try to install the driver on stand alone computer( Not the member of your domain.) and see if you can see all the futures.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Ricoh MPc4000 driver

I'm assuming you're installing the PCl 6 driver? That one does communicate with the machine and should detect all of the accessories.
    If it doesn't, and you can't add them manually, then use the PCL 5c driver on the PC in question. It will allow you to manually select the accessories.
    If it setup properly on all the other PC's then I'd say it has something to do with the specific PC

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Ricoh MPc4000 driver

Is everything, server and all workstations, running the same level of OS, ie X64 or I86. If the server is X64 and the workstation(s) with the problem is I86, the I86 driver needs to be added to the server otherwise the workstation will receive a generic driver from the server.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Ricoh MPc4000 driver

Unfortunately being a brand new account I had to swap machine so as not to have a unhappy customer so I will have to resolve this issue back at the shop. With new machine the driver showed up like normal with all the features. I will keep you up to date on what I find out. Thanks for everyone's help!