Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Polarbear's Avatar

Re: MPC2011sp not adding black toner

Quote Originally Posted by TonerMunkeh View Post
    Did you take the sub hopper out and check the operation of the auger?
    Yip the auger is fine. The bottle that doesn't turn gets me.
    Press the GREEN button!!

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Counsel's Avatar

If you do a forced toner supply will the bottle add toner? I do think its odd the bottle wont turn unless run in output mode, or when the door is triggered open, shake the door once while its trying to run make sure the door switch is working. Check your SP for toner remaining and make sure its reading a bottle with toner remaining in it and not an empty bottle, could think the bottle is empty, that used to happen on some older gens where the bottle would say its empty and to replace the bottle even when its full, had to turn off toner detection and reboot then turn detection back on again.

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post
    On this machine the bottle only turns when I open and close the front door (one cycle only) or when i do an output check on the bottle motor.
    That's likely because due to the toner failing to reach the developer, the machine determines that the bottle is empty after turning the bottle just enough to produce a positive toner feed indication when everything else is working properly.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Polarbear's Avatar

Re: MPC2011sp not adding black toner- [SOLVED]

Quote Originally Posted by Iowatech View Post
    That's likely because due to the toner failing to reach the developer, the machine determines that the bottle is empty after turning the bottle just enough to produce a positive toner feed indication when everything else is working properly.
    Credit to all of you who pointed to the toner sub hopper!

Your post made me take a step back and start from scratch. Seeing that I, up to now,trusted the tech that did the field call, and assumed that all the basics were checked....

I removed the pcu - and no toner in the shute.
    I triggered the toner shutter (with a long screwdriver) and no toner fell out.
    I then removed the sub hopper, and found it filled to the brim with toner
    Dumped the toner and low and behold the toner supply auger lay completey out of the shute and cleanly snapped off the shaft!

Repaired the shaft, re-assembled and did a forced toner supply- and the bottle turned!
    Did about 4 more to make sure there is enough toner in the sub hopper and ran around 4 full SMC reports with the bottle spinning every so often.

Concluision: Its the same shitty toner supply system that gave us grey hairs in the SPC430 - only bigger! Same design flaw: If something fails in the sub hopper, so that toner does not get to the dev unit (and td sensor) the machine assumes that the toner is depleted {because if can see toner in the sub hopper} and has no other explanation for the condition!

Thanks again for all the helpful replies!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Polarbear; 07-15-2016 at 12:32 PM. Reason: Included photo
    Press the GREEN button!!